Search results

1. scotts90ranger

link code not working on all areas

I've been in the habit of using the "url=" with brackets code for YEARS, I know it's out of style anymore with easy buttons and all (I just found it...) but like I said, it's habit, and oddly enough works in some areas and not others... a few weeks ago I had issues in the 4 cylinder section and...
  2. scotts90ranger

'97 F350 7.3L needing some love

I asked on a different forum (not a truck forum...) and got some negative nancy's... Anywho, '97 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 single rear wheel manual transmission 35" tires and 4.10:1 gears. The thing has been around, chassis has over 350k on the clock (but the speedo/odo stops ocasionally so...
  3. scotts90ranger

Parking brake pedal stuck on the floor on the '90 Ranger

Like the title says, the parking brake pedal is stuck on the floor on my '90 Ranger... I was adjusting the parking brake and now the pedal is stuck down. I started digging in and the release lever is moving all the way but the catch is not releasing. It's not the cable, if I push on the pedal a...
  4. scotts90ranger

Normal amount of lumber to find when digging a hole?

So, as I've said somewhere I'm building a shop, 36'x48' pole barn style with 14' rafters and two roll up doors with 2 post lift and such... Anywho, have permit now and dug the holes for the poles. They're supposed to be a minimum of 2' diameter by 4' deep from the top of the 6" of concrete...
  5. scotts90ranger

Broke the Aussie locker, running over options, thoughts?

I found why the locker was clicking last weekend driving on the street, I think it's toast... I'll pull the diff cover again today hopefully and see for sure... I think I've put 30-40k miles on the thing and a fair amount of wheeling miles in that Anywho, for the money I'm not upset, that...
  6. scotts90ranger

Bushings for traction bar?

I am in serious need of some sort of axle location device in the rear of my '90, it's taken out 2 radiators from the axle moving forward... I want to build one of the lever and shackle type bars but there is a serious lack of real estate under there... I was under it pondering Thursday night...
  7. scotts90ranger

Cargo light on a '97

My '97 is kinda a cluster of parts from what I'm finding in places, it has XLT badges on the fenders but standard side mirrors and just an AM/FM stereo and a 60/40 and so forth... Anywho, the cargo light doesn't work, I've checked most of the fuses but need to go through them again to make...
  8. scotts90ranger

What's up with this new Ranger of mine? 4.10 on a 4x2?

It must be a custom order or something... '97 Ranger XLT, extended cab, 2.3L, 4x2, manual transmission, manual windows, 60/40 front seat, no air conditioning, has power steering and steel 14" wheels. It didn't come with the original drivers door so no idea on stock door tag but just climbed...
  9. scotts90ranger

'97 Ranger paint color similar in rattle can? Manual and power window doors the same?

I have a '97 Ranger that I got cheap, previous owner was a ditz and replaced the drivers door with a white one, the rest of the rig is the kinda candy red, don't know if there were more than one red in '97... Anywho, going to the junkyard in a couple weeks to hopefully find a red door with a...
  10. scotts90ranger

'97 Ranger I beam replacement

Might be picking up a '97 4x2 Ranger for a daily driver tomorrow, they somehow bent the drivers side I beam I'm guessing from yanking it out of a ditch from the looks of it. Haven't paid much attention to I beam trucks over the years but I know '97's sometimes got some different things than...
  11. scotts90ranger

No heat in '00 Explorer

I imagine I know the answer, but just checking... 2000 Explorer Limited 5.0L with I think it's called ETAC? full auto climate control setup with rear controls and fan speed control instead of resistors... When I got it the fan speed control was shot, fixed that with a junkyard control. It's...
  12. scotts90ranger

Nifty trick to help with DIY alignment!

A couple years ago I bought a pair of THESE cheap on craigslist with this in mind but hadn't tried it yet... Anyway, I did some work on the front axle on the ol Ranger this weekend and finished it off with a tape measure and calibrated eyeball alignment... With those vehicle dollies under the...
  13. scotts90ranger

OBS 7.3 powerstroke glow plug relay on with engine running?

My '97 F350 is somewhat neglected, there's an idler pulley or two that are toast and I opened the hood on a cold start on Tuesday to investigate a new growling noise (as opposed to the normal squeak) that went away as soon as I opened the hood... Anyway, I looked around and noticed a little...
  14. scotts90ranger

Anyone hear anything about the new Titanium Unlimited 200 welder from HFT?

Thinking about buying myself one around Christmas (there's a coupon for $50 off until the 31st)... I know what everyone says about multi process welders, better off buying dedicated but so far I've read reasonable things... In case you haven't heard anything about it, you can see it HERE For...
  15. scotts90ranger

Cheap Amazon or whatnot Plasma cutter advise

Google searches are less than helpful, everything is 30 different places to buy them or the random websites that show "The 6 best plasma cutters of 2018" which all are the same, very little forum input other than "avoid XXXX brand, they're uber crap" or whatnot... Anyway, I have an...
  16. scotts90ranger

Dried out connection, works in humid locations but not in dry areas?

Ok, this is for my '97 F350 with 350K miles on the clock... or thereabouts as this is about the speedometer not working... This system works by reading the reluctor wheel on the rear diff, it's all electric and programmable with the right button sequences (but you only get a certain number of...
  17. scotts90ranger

A/C issue on '98 Explorer

I know very little about the A/C system on these, I haven't had A/C for most of my driving career but the wife wants it since my current DD has working A/C :) Anyway, '98 Explorer 5.0L Eddie Bauer if it makes any difference. The A/C compressor would cycle for like 2 seconds constantly when I...
  18. scotts90ranger

Keep breaking motor mount bolts in the block of 5.0L Explorer

One of several issues with my 5.0L Explorer is when I got it it was missing both bolts into the block for the engine mount on the passenger side... stock bolts were broke off flush with the block and was sitting that way for who knows how long... in the process of removing them since it's pretty...
  19. scotts90ranger

5L oil temperature sensor in '00 Explorer

Where is this sensor? It's kinda cramped under the hood and wanna make sure I look in the right area... The center console keeps telling me I have an oil temp sensor problem and the stupid thing might as well work... I've tried to google it, but google is useless anymore, includes anything...
  20. scotts90ranger

Turbo disassembly for rebuild

I tried to get my stock turbo (Garret turbo form '85/86 T bird) apart to put a rebuild kit in it, but am not having luck getting the exhaust housing off... any tips? Started with 3 of the 6 bolts were stuck and of course they were the ones with stuff over them so open end wrench only... got them...