Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

I want to say that saw was new sometime in the 90s. Dad retired it when the bar needed replaced and Sears told him it would be $120 for a new bar and chain. He had bought the saw on sale for like $135, so he threw it on a shelf in the shed and it sat there for probably 10 years before I figured...
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

Mine is Model 358.356332 and there’s nothing about saving the planet anywhere on it. The bar did say Oregon, but that is long gone, lol
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

4. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

Somehow I don’t think we are talking about the same saws... have to grab a pic of mine, maybe tomorrow.
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Nope, used the Ranger to haul the scrap, lol. I keep welding the Ranger back together
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

What’s for dinner tonite!

Spaghetti with meat sauce... the noodles were fresh home-made. Mom made a batch of hot sausage and cheddar raviolis and the leftover dough became noodles
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

The one neighbor is pissed that I got the property and not him, so there is that. No HOA here, I have just over two acres and my parents have around 6. I can see one house from my property, barely. When the leaves are down I can kinda see my parents house too. My parents you can’t see anything...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

Yep, doesn’t matter, takes a ton of yanking because even when it does start it will sputter and die a couple times before it runs right again. I try not to run it empty because it’s annoying
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

My scrap pile was getting pretty big, both the pile at my parents and at mine. Cop came by just before all this Corona crap and told us that we had to clean it up or face fines. I was trying to hold out for the price to go up a bit but he forced my hand. Live out in the middle of nowhere but...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

$4/hundred for sheet steel/shredder. Not much at all, but I needed to move it since I have a cop breathing down my neck
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

Abs light on

Although the sensor in the rear axle is most likely suspect, the best way to know is with a scan tool. I ended up with Forscan on my laptop and could run diagnostics and could see the sensor fall off at a certain speed. So that just confirmed my suspicion. I’ve heard it called an ABS sensor and...
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

Abs light on

Could be the sensor in the rear axle died. It’s not uncommon with these, I’ve replaced a few. The ABS system in my green Ranger is FUBAR, I just ignore the light. I put all new sensors in and it was still tripping, so I pulled the pump fuse and figured I would sort it out later, pretty sure the...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

Ranger put in a little work today, finished loading scrap and hauled it in... just over 1,600 lbs of scrap. Should have got a picture. Crawled it up out of my yard just fine.
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

Not the trailer, the Ranger will get axles and a 5.0. I’m happy with the trailer the way it is, it take Ranger wheels already, lol. My green Ranger on the other hand, well, I think the drivetrain is getting tired and I have a donor on hand.... although I want to make it a 331 stroker before it...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

Here I thought you would want it for your basement, lol
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

Ranger is in my front yard with the “little” trailer attached and mostly loaded with scrap, so there’s a scrap run scheduled for tomorrow. Sometime this year I want to swap axles in it and do the 5.0 swap
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

Ford Powershift Class Action Update - More Settlement Money Authorized

Just so you know, PJ, I do have a tube bender. The JD Squared model 32. Right now I have a 180* 1-5/8 die set and a 90* 2-1/2” die set. So I can bend shit. Needed the smaller set to bend stuff to finish the cage in my choptop since I bought a Ranger cage from Jegs for it. I’m not opposed to...
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

I heard that the RainEx premixed stuff doesn’t like going with cheap washer juice. I switched to Prestone stuff, same effect as the other.
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

Chainsaws....

Say what you want about the Craftsman/Poulan saws, I love mine, it just gives me a workout running it. It’s a plastic case with anti-vibe but it’s still a tank, think it’s a 55cc. Started to really love my little Stihl, just don’t run it out of gas, it doesn’t like starting back up after that. I...
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

Possible 2.9 forged pistons deal through alibaba

Not that I can really spare money at the moment, but it does have my interest