Search results

1. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

I hate body work Cab is almost ready for primer. Doors are next
  2. BlackBII

2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

Those are the ports for the automatic transmission fluid cooler. With your truck being a manual, you don't need to worry about those.
  3. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

That's the one. My car will be white. I have the body kit and a 2.5 Duratec engine for it. It'll get done one day.
  4. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

The white cab is a rust free one I found last year. Going to use it for my Ranger. The empty shell is my 1976 Fiat 131 that needs a full chassis built for it. That's the next project once the Ranger is painted.
  5. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Replaced the shackles today. The ones I had in there had poly bushings and they were squeaky as all hell. New ones have rubber Using the hoist to lift the whole rear end of my truck. Easy peasy
  6. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Haven't done much work on the Ranger as I have been working on my garage. Put up an I-beam along with a trolley hoist, and built some shelves and organized things a bit. The hoist will make pulling engines, cabs, beds, etc really easy
  7. BlackBII

Rostra Cruise Install on a 1990 Ranger?

I sure did. Wasn't bad at all, just needed to add all the factory stuff. You need Steering wheel cover with buttons Clock spring (slip ring contacts) Harnesses Vacuum module and bracket Amplifier Horn relay http://www.thorssell.net/hbook/ccexpl.html Ford Cruise Control - How it works...
  8. BlackBII

Bushings for traction bar?

Jealous of the shop you're building, especially the two post lift. I don't have any space to do something like that. Anti wrap bar looks great! Good work man. It's so nice having no axle wrap. I was going to mention travel, since you used a bushing and not a heim joint or something on the...
  9. BlackBII

Pulling 4.0 engine

I usually get to those from up top with a flex ratcheting wrench. If you reach your hand down behind the intake manifold you should be able to feel them. You can also get to them from underneath with a bunch of wobble extensions, but that's usually more difficult.
  10. BlackBII

What size shop are you building?
  11. BlackBII

Those rotary cutters are dope. I have a bunch of Greenlee carbide tipped holesaws as well that work very well, especially for notching tube. I have had good luck with spiral reamers when drilling through .25" plate; it's as easy as drilling a 1/4" pilot hole, and then reaming it out to 3/8" and...
  12. BlackBII

Installation of a Skyjacker 4” class II lift info

The install is pretty straight forward; just remove all the factory bits and replace them with the new ones. You're going to be removing a bunch of rivets, which I like to do with an angle grinder while others like drilling them out. What are you doing for steering? Also, the 4" coils...
  13. BlackBII

Welding cat to muffler at flange?

I replaced that connection on my Ranger with some header collector flanges. It's been working great. Patriot Exhaust H7259 is what I used. It's for 2.5" pipe, but I was able to get some pipe reducer adapters at Autozone since the factory pipes aren't that large.
  14. BlackBII

92 STX?

The STX model that you have isn't lifted from the factory; that was only the High Rider ones in 87-88 Get us a picture of the front axle and one of you measuring the height of your coils. They are likely around 10". Then take a look at this thread...
  15. BlackBII

92 STX?

The leveling kit will lift the front yes. You can use new coils or spacers under neath the coils. You will need to get some adjustable camber/caster bushings so that you can align it afterwards. Here's mine with a spacer leveling kit and 31x10.50 tires
  16. BlackBII

92 STX 4x4 build

Looks like a good find! Those trucks are getting more rare by the day. Can't wait to see this one progress!
  17. BlackBII

1973 courier/ ranger build

Are those the ones that crumple when you tighten the bolt? I have seen them but never used them. They look nice and easy to use
  18. BlackBII

1973 courier/ ranger build

Clip nuts work but can be a pain sometimes. I like using weld nuts like these for sheet metal stuff
  19. BlackBII

Anybody else out of work due to the beer disease?

Working from home for the next 3 weeks, and I can't even use my work building for it's gym, along with the local gym being closed. I guess I'll have plenty of time to work on my Ranger.
  20. BlackBII

Have you looked into getting rid of the blocks and getting new springs? Barnes 4x4 also has some extended length spring perches which are supposed to help with axle wrap. I have them on my truck. The passenger side is the side you want the bar on, but with the gas tank gone I made use of the...