Search results

1. Zapper

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 intermittent misfire only at operating temp

So i just recently got my ranger running once again and ive been driving it a bit to see what i have to fix next and it has been misfiring when the engine is ar operating temp, ive replaced the coil, distributor, distributor cap, plugs, plug wires, timing belt, and headgasket in the past 3...
  2. Zapper

2.3L ('83-'97) 1986 no start after head gasket replacement

So i just got my rangers engine back together and when I went to start it it spun faster and sounded like it didn't have compression, I'm guessing that the camshaft is off on timing but I'm unsure and it has spark and fuel, I checked those before everything else, what are some things I can do to...
  3. Zapper

FM145 strength and how much power it can take

So I have a 1986 2.3 with the fm145 transmission and I'm going to be building the 2.3, so what should I do to keep it from grenading, since I already know that the synchros are gone, and I have a short throw shifter on it so I shift it harder than normal, so what are some things that I should...
  4. Zapper

I lurk 99% of the time on this site

I honestly spend more time reading posts in the forum area that i basically have read almost all of them in my time being on this site, and ive also read almost everything in the how to tech section. Send help i have an addiction to this site.
  5. Zapper

how to remove followers

So I decided to freshen up the top end of my 2.3 quite a bit and I'm wanting to replace the valve seals and I'm unsure how to remove the followers so can anyone tell me how you remove and reinstall them.
  6. Zapper

so kinda made a meme with my ranger

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again"
  7. Zapper

oil preference/recommendation

No not essential oils. What is your favorite type of motor oil to use in your RBV and is it synthetic or conventional, a mix of both, or is it just random oil that you have sitting, also what is the thickness that you prefer to use? i use Valvoline 10w-30 fully synthetic with some Lucas oil...
  8. Zapper

What is the weirdest engine you've seen in a ranger?

What is the weirdest engine you have ever seen swapped in a ranger, or what would be a weird engine swap for a ranger? i'm totally not looking for ideas... heh
  9. Zapper

removed muffler on 2.3

So i decided to hack the muffler off and i decided to start it up, well it might honestly stay like this because the laws aren't strict here, and I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't sound like a Honda with a fart can.
  10. Zapper

my age surprises people

so a lot of people think that i'm in my early 20's because of my voice and the amount of work i do, but in reality i'm only 15 and i've done more work and heavy lifting by myself, and i prefer older vehicles with all the basic things rather than these new vehicles with plastic galore, sure they...
  11. Zapper

intake manifold confuses me

so i took off the intake to put on new gaskets, and when i got the manifold off i was confused as to why it has a coolant passage in it, can anyone educate me on why it has that there?
  12. Zapper

2.3 needs more power

does anyone know how to add some power cheaply to the 2.3 four plug head?
  13. Zapper

always drain fluids before removing transfer case and transmission

this should be common sense which i do not have because i spilled 1/3 of the fluid in the tcase on me when carrying it, because i was trying to save the fluid that was in there but i guess that it decided that it wanted to be emptied by draining onto me. So i recommend that yall don't do what i...
  14. Zapper

would it be good if i put a transfer case doubler on my stock 2.3 ranger

i've been wondering this and i work on a farm and i have to move pipe on a trailer, sometimes i'm the only one moving the pipe and i have to have the truck crawl so you can keep going without stopping, and my ranger doesn't have much power so would a doubler benefit that?
  15. Zapper

rust

so i was working on my truck and i was using a drill very carefully to see how bad the bondo was covering up rust and i saw this what would be the best way to fix the rust on the door and the cab and how quickly should i get it repaired
  16. Zapper

Is there an app?

I've been wondering if there is a ranger station app for phones because that's what i use the most
  17. Zapper

new member, but sh*tbox ranger

hi im new here and i came to learn about how to do a swap or get some help on how to do things