Search results

1. Zapper

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 intermittent misfire only at operating temp

Its located at the end of the exhaust manifold, and it has about 1ft of exhaust piping after it
  2. Zapper

EFI, and its been open header for quite awhile and its never had problems like this before
  3. Zapper

There is no exhaust actually, I have to figure out how im going to put a muffler on it that makes it quieter but is still hidden underneath the cab.
  4. Zapper

So i just recently got my ranger running once again and ive been driving it a bit to see what i have to fix next and it has been misfiring when the engine is ar operating temp, ive replaced the coil, distributor, distributor cap, plugs, plug wires, timing belt, and headgasket in the past 3...
  5. Zapper

2.3L ('83-'97) 1986 no start after head gasket replacement

never mind figured it out, timing belt jumped a few teeth so it lost compression to run
  6. Zapper

2.3L ('83-'97) 1986 no start after head gasket replacement

So i just got my rangers engine back together and when I went to start it it spun faster and sounded like it didn't have compression, I'm guessing that the camshaft is off on timing but I'm unsure and it has spark and fuel, I checked those before everything else, what are some things I can do to...
  7. Zapper

FM145 strength and how much power it can take

Well its the factory transmission, and I don't want to put a bunch of money into a transmission that would cost more than the truck itself.
  8. Zapper

FM145 strength and how much power it can take

So I have a 1986 2.3 with the fm145 transmission and I'm going to be building the 2.3, so what should I do to keep it from grenading, since I already know that the synchros are gone, and I have a short throw shifter on it so I shift it harder than normal, so what are some things that I should...
  9. Zapper

I lurk 99% of the time on this site

Well my dad gave it to me as a present as far as i know he bought it from my cousin for $800 and my cousin bought it for $1800, and ill be staying ttb for some advantages for the things i want to do with it.
  10. Zapper

well the steering box is the main problem and the pivot point on the beams are basically destroyed completely.
  11. Zapper

The frame on mine is surprisingly rust free, the cab is another story so it would be cheaper for me to get a rust free cab, so ill probably get a second truck either a ranger or f-150 from the 80s-90s to use as a daily.
  12. Zapper

Most bushings are shot, it wanders when driving, and the amount of rust, and i don't have the money or time to work on it because of school, and i only have a summer job because I'm trying to pass so i can have a better chance at getting a better job.
  13. Zapper

Basically everything thanks to previous owner, so I'm currently not driving it for my own safety until i find time to work on it.
  14. Zapper

I honestly spend more time reading posts in the forum area that i basically have read almost all of them in my time being on this site, and ive also read almost everything in the how to tech section. Send help i have an addiction to this site.
  15. Zapper

Moderators Wanted....

I mean I'm almost always on and I'm always lurking on here.
  16. 20200103_162009.jpg

20200103_162009.jpg

I know it may look photoshoped but it isn't
  17. Zapper

I Made a 2.5l Sound Like it's Screaming America

I've found that these things can improve a Lima: Remove emissions equipment, Open dump exhaust under the cab, Throttle cable mod, And a Italian tuneup to remove carbon. And yes my town hates me because of exhaust but none of the cops seem to care.
  18. Zapper

how to remove followers

Well I barely ever wear gloves and the head isn't on the engine so some blood wont hurt much.
  19. Zapper

how to remove followers

So I decided to freshen up the top end of my 2.3 quite a bit and I'm wanting to replace the valve seals and I'm unsure how to remove the followers so can anyone tell me how you remove and reinstall them.
  20. Zapper

oil preference/recommendation

i dont use motor craft for one reason, any dealer near me never has the filter i need, and sometimes they cost to much, but one reason i use K&N is the 1in welded nut, that was the selling point for me