Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

Tubing Benders, need some input

So back a couple years ago I had looked at benders. None of the local steel Fab shops seem to own one and trying to find someone local that had one proved to be a bust too. So I decided to look into buying one. Worked out what seemed to be a good one, but never got around to buying it. Now I’m...
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

Rockauto sucks, buyer beware. *updated and resolved*

I now have two messed up orders in a row and no solution in sight. The returns and help through the website have proven useless and now there is nobody to call to get things resolved. Buyer beware. The first order included a fuel pump. The problem was, what I got was not what was described on...
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

4.0 SOHC woes... 2002 Explorer and a Ranger

So the big issue at the moment is the fact that moms 2002 Explorer rode the flatbed home yesterday. It's had a random no start problem that I've been ignoring because I didn't want to try looking for a random problem. Trouble is, it's still a random problem. Sometimes it just flat out refuses to...
  4. lil_Blue_Ford

2000 Ranger starting issues...

I recently got a 2000 Ranger, 4.0 OHV, automatic, 4x4, extended cab, 137,xxx miles. The previous owner said that it always started fine when cold, but usually took 2-3 tries to start when warm. He had a mechanic play with it some, but never got the problem sorted out before he needed a different...
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

Looking for some help...

Looking for some help... Updated 11/15 I can't really go into some details, but basically, I have a problem. I have to have surgery which is scheduled for the week before Christmas. Because of this, I will not be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle for likely 3-6 months, which means I...
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

Questions on porting and performance mods...

So I'm swapping engines in two of my trucks and while the engines are out of the trucks, I decided to replace the top end gaskets because both engines have a few miles on them and it seems like a good idea. Well... as we all know, one thing leads to another... I have a 1995 4.0L that came out...
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

My 1988 Eddie Bauer "Sh!tBrick"

Well, I may have to change the name, but when I originally ran it, it was a POS with the ride characteristics of a styrofoam brick on an antenna. It was a headache from the day I won the auction on it, but I've had a love for it ever since. When I bought it, I knew it needed a new rear brake...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

Scrubgrass OHV run August 16 in PA

Saw on a local off-roading forum that they're trying to put together a run this coming Saturday at a local OHV park. Last time they tried going a lot of people bailed at the last minute so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone wants to go run some trails. The park is a little north of...
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

Anybody have access to a metal lathe?

So the slave cylinder in my F-150 died for about the 4th time a couple weeks ago. It died in a pretty spectacular manner as it froze solid halfway between depressing the clutch and the pushrod on the master cylinder detonated when I continued pressure on the pedal. :annoyed: The last time I...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

DIY: Convert a shovel to a weapon in 10 easy steps...

Who would have thought a common shovel could be so dangerous...:icon_hornsup: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/179192-DIY-Shovel-AK-photo-tsunami-warning
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

Clutch hydraulics problems and questions...

So my primary concern is with my F-150 but since the hydraulics are very similar to the RBV, I figured it was worth posting here. Plus I'm concerned about they hydraulics in my choptop... Back a few years ago I put a new clutch in my 1995 F-150. The truck supposedly had 69k miles on it when I...
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

Banning Dihydrogenmonoxide...

Who agrees? Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and can kill. Often the deaths are due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form without protective gear can cause severe tissue damage. Symptoms of ingestion can...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

2002 Explorer door ajar problem

I ran into this problem once before, mom started complaining that her explorer would randomly start dinging that a door was ajar and clicking the locks. Before I could put much effort into chasing the problem, wires started burning. Since the smoke had been let out of a couple wires, it was easy...
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

It's official.... My book has been published...

Well... I had always thought about being published someday... I just never quite expected it to be a book of poetry. Actually, that was about the last thing I ever expected to publish. But here we are. I hit a period where I wrote a bunch of poetry (still not sure how that happened, lol), and...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

School me on paint....

I probably will not get to painting my F-150 at this rate until next year, but I think I need to learn some about what paint I should be putting on. And I have a question about the time between now and paint... As far as paint goes, I've largely settled on a color. 1997 F-series paint code LE -...
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

Header(s) for my F-150... worth it?

So my F-150 is about to get a major overhaul bodywise. Since I'm going to have the core support out and the rest of the front end tore apart, I started thinking about everything that I'm going to have relatively easy access to that I should probably consider doing something to while I'm in...
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

The "Blue Ox" build

Although I've done quite a bit to it since I got it, since the intended purpose was to simply use it as a work truck and I wasn't doing any crazy build stuff to it, I didn't see much of a point in putting together a build thread..... But, then again, I didn't plan on hitting a deer doing around...
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

So who all is into writing?

Who likes to write and what kind of stuff? Stories? Poetry? I used to do a lot of writing, always trying to put together a book but never actually finished any books that I started, I have a ton of half-finished stuff. Writing for school always came easy for me but in the past couple years I...
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

Could use a little help related to photos from 2005

So I wasn't sure what exact title would generate the response I'm looking for. Basically, back around 2005 I did a book project for a photography class about offroading. Although I took some of the pictures, I also used some pictures that I was given by others. I want to say some of them came...
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

My '95 F-150 build

So I've waffled on actually doing a build thread or not on it, but.... the more I think about all I've done to it, I'd like to start sharing.... I'll have had the truck 4 years in March of 2013. I got it with (supposedly) 69,XXX miles on it. 300-6 motor, 5-speed manual, 4x4 with auto front hubs...