Search results

1. Dirtman

2.3L ('02-'11) Mystery vacuum leak or something...

Just changed the intake manifold gaskets and slapped it back together, truck drives and idles smooth but idle was a tad high (950). So I unplugged the IAC and nothing happened. So first thought was a vacuum leak, did a smoke test and found a small leak at the vacuum port on the back of the...
  2. Dirtman

2.3L ('02-'11) Ok so my injectors have no filters either?

Ok so wtf... not only do these injectors not use a pintle cap, but they obviously dont use a filter either? I ordered the rebuild kit and the O-rings are right but it also came with the baskets yet... low and behold, there aint no filter baskets on these things? Is this normal? Never seen...
  3. Dirtman

Chrysler with a wiring problem!

Who would have guess.. I know im a big boy and should know if there's a specific forum for non RBV tech but it only says "projects" so if its wrong one of you fancy mods feel free to move this and yell at me. Jeep 4.7 v8. Shows no codes. But randomly (more when it warm) starts running rough...
  4. Dirtman

How do I make a gif from a video?

I took a short video of me turning a 12 valve cummins into a 24 valve today. Perfect for a gif... but how do i make it gif? I took the video in 4k so i gotta obviously make it crappy resolution.
  5. Dirtman

Old time tricks and hacks.

I'm bored... post some of your favorite weird, genius, insane or old time tricks/hacks for fixin stuff. One that I just used today while removing the 30 year old range hood from my kitchen, dip the tip of your screwdriver in valve griding compound before trying to remove an old or rusty screw...
  6. Dirtman

Colonoscopy

Anyone have any luck with some of the cheaper bore scope / endoscopes floating around amazon for 20-30 bucks? I had a decent one I paid around 120 bucks for but it accidentally got left in a jeep that got sent to become beer cans. When I take my engine apart this weekend I was really hoping to...
  7. Dirtman

Testing a theory.

Walk in bath tub. Lawnmower. Light up toilet seat.
  8. Dirtman

I think my pile is complete...

Since shipping is so slow took me over a month to collect this pile... Got valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, egr tube gaskets, IAC valve gasket, throttle body gasket, oil seperator gasket, pcv valve, new o rings for the dipstick oil cap and pcv valve, fuel injector rebuild kit...
  9. Dirtman

2.3L ('02-'11) No pintle caps on duratec injectors?

Doing the valve cover on my 2.3 soon and Im gathering parts. Since I have it apart I'm gonna do a whole bunch of other crap. Went to look for injector repair kits and found the o-rings and filter baskets but no pintle caps. Never pulled these injectors before so do they just not use a pintle...
  10. Dirtman

House air filters.

So, I quit smoking recently and my sense of smell has increased like 1000% and I realized... my house uhhh kinda reeks. Get your jokes out of the way, I'll wait... Ok so now that you got that out of your system, I actually keep my house pretty clean. Its not a moldy smell, mostly wet dog...
  11. Dirtman

5r auto 2wd output shaft seal number

Anyone know the part number for any brand output shaft/tailshaft seal for a 2wd auto 5r? 2009 if it matters. I can't find it online. One peice driveshaft slip joint. I need to do my u joints but the shaft seal is leaking and i dont wanna pull it off to search for a number, i want a replacement...
  12. Dirtman

Cheap spark plug wire arc.

I came out of the bunker today to work on the truck a bit. Trying to make sure its in top notch shape in case I need to flee to a more secure location. Last year I did plugs and wires, autolite iridium plugs but I cheaped out and bought "house brand" wires from advance. Took a close look at...
  13. Dirtman

Site bogged down?

Is it just me or is the site running insanely slow the past week? Is it just too many people on at once or something? :dunno:
  14. Dirtman

The movie joker.

Yea...
  15. Dirtman

Here's a weird question... vertical t-case

My brother in law is building a "swamp buggy". He has a front and rear axle with center pumpkins. 4 wheel steer. But obviously it needs a t-case that drops both front and rear driveshafts the centerline of the vehicle, not offset like a normal 4x4 I said i can make an adapter to clock a case at...
  16. Dirtman

Forscan log data to video

Anyone know how to turn a forscan live data log into an actual uploadable video file? :dunno: I have the log recorded and can play it back on forscan but i wanna make it a youtube video. Even some kind of screen recorder would work I guess. I dont use my laptop for anything but forscan so i...
  17. Dirtman

Clay bar vs polishing compound?

Im gonna give all the cars a bath tomorrow since its gonna be almost 70. The rangers paint is the worst, lots of little swirly scratches and stuff like that. I clay barred it once but good god is that alot of work. It really made the paint shine but didnt remove any of the swirls. Amazing what...
  18. Dirtman

Have you ever actually needed a spare tire?

It just dawned on me that in all my years of driving I cannot remember a single time I actually needed to use a spare tire. I've gotten flats but never had a blowout while driving that required me to pull over and put the spare on. It's always been that lovely scenario when you go outside to...
  19. Dirtman

Leather rod bearings...

I love watching this dudes videos but this one I found particularly interesting. They made rod bearings out of an old leather belt... and... it worked (sorta).
  20. Dirtman

Decaf tea.

I love unsweetened ice tea. I drink it alot. I literally just found out tea has caffeine. Dont laugh, I knew tea had caffeine but I thought that was weirdo breakfast teas that British people deink. I never thought the stuff made for iced tea had caffeine too... I went to the grocery store...