Search results

1. Gozi

97 Supercab Flareside V8 Swap Update Everything and Lowered

Thanks for the info Walt.
  2. Gozi

97 headlight bottom adjuster

Bought a truck with no bottom adjusters on both of the headlights. Can someone give me a part number on this part. Im finding adjusters (F37Z-13032-B), but this one looks like the 2 adjusters that comes with the light on the top of each side. I need the one that is for the bottom. You are...
  3. Gozi

Was thinking about going E303. I really didn't want it to be beyond .030 but the shop that did the work said the same thing, that Ford didn't recommend it but they didn't have problems with going .040 over. Before they even started they pointed out it was bad and if it went past .040 they would...
  4. Gozi

1997 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT Flareside V8 Swap Update Everything and lowered build page. Bought this with the intention of updating everything so I overlooked many of the problems it has. That being said, the truck runs and I want to keep it running and together until I can get a new...
  5. Gozi

97 drive shaft swap

So I did some reading and the 5 speed is a 4 speed with a chip in it that runs 2 gears at the same time making it a 5 speed. They are the same transmissions. Had some time this weekend and did the swap. The carrier bearing was shot and the U-Joint behind the bearing was also shot. Total time...
  6. Gozi

Help Identify 96 Explorer 5.0

Was looking at VIN # information in the tech section of this site and found: Last 6-Digits Are The Sequence Number Beginning With A00001 (Ford) or J00001 (Lincoln/Mercury) A00001-E99999 = Ford Division J00001-L99999 = Lincoln / Mercury Division So this is a J code Lincoln/Mercury. This site...
  7. Gozi

Finally found a tan full center console

No longer own the truck as of end of last year. No pictures of it back together, but I have a new truck and will be doing the same thing. Went ahead and cut the 60/40 driver seat to bucket but am waiting for warmer days to start looking in junkyards.
  8. Gozi

97 drive shaft swap

Found one at Pick your Parts that was not bent or dinged up. Its from a 2002 Ext Cab 3.0 with a 7.5 rear end, but the AT was a D code (5 speed). My ranger AT is a T code (4 Speed) Drive shaft is 60" weld to weld. Drive shaft part # F87A-4602-PB. Will this work or do I need to find the right T...
  9. Gozi

97 drive shaft swap

Bad vibrations at different speeds and need the one piece drive shaft. 97 Ext Cab 3.0 AT 2WD 7,5 rear end. I know to look for the same one, 60" weld to weld. Was wondering if the 24 spline slip yoke changed in any over the years and if I can use all years. Have been looking for 98-01 thinking...
  10. Gozi

Are stepside tailgates interchangeable

Are the stepside tailgates interchangeable over the years from 94-04? They sure look the same was wondering if a 2004 tailgate could take the place of my dented 1997 tailgate?
  11. Gozi

Thanks
  12. Gozi

The vin stamp is on the engine block. Its on the other side from the starter. It reads V U J 5 4 2 5 1. V is 1997 right? Hard to see the V, but at other angle its clear. What is the U and the J code? The 54251 is the numbered series.
  13. Gozi

Here I am, from France

Welcome, The tailgate is an easy fix. The part you need is called a Tailgate Hinge Insert Kit, they are less than $10 US dollors. Little plastic pieces that fit into the hinge of the tailgate keep it centered.
  14. Gozi

Ford Explorer Consoles

Just me but I think the oonsole from the sport trac look better and the model will work up till the year 2007. Seats will also fit the Ranger and have an adjustable head rest. I've seen colors in tan, grey and black.
  15. Gozi

TRS Race Truck

I would be excited to see you guys actually get together in a real shop and make a pro video on a 2wd v8 swap truck that is lowered a couple of inch's. I would also help support it and I think others would also do so.
  16. Gozi

97 XLT

This is my new 97 XLT. Has lots of things to update and fix.
  17. Gozi

Automotive technology you miss.

I just want to see a little less plastic, well a lot less plastic.
  18. Gozi

Ranger 3rd brake light leaking...how to fix?

I have a 96, my 3rd brake light leaked so bad it rotted out my headliner shell and turned my tan headliner green in back by the brake light. The new brake lights have a thicker gasket. You have to take a minute or two and work the seal closed. When I first put it on it leaked but after looking...
  19. Gozi

Infamous mazda the $200 mazda build

Really nice project. I have been working on mine since the first of this year and you have done more than I in a short amount of time.