Search results

1. Jim Oaks

Coil Spring Stud Length...

In our article on using steel washers for coil spring spacers (see below), mountainmike and legoms013 share photos and information about creating a 1-1/2" tall spacer from steel washers. There's just enough threads to get the nut all the way on...
  2. Jim Oaks

Want to speed? Come to Texas...

I didn't know about this race until I ended up driving this road the day before the race in 2018.
  3. Jim Oaks

192 Horsepower 2.9L

Here's one for you 2.9L guys. I love the look of this engine. A special twin DOHC (QUAD CAM) version of the 2.9 was created by Cosworth Engineering in 1991. Although it shared the same block as the standard 2.9, power output was up to 192 hp (143 kW) and torque was boosted to 275 lb⋅ft (373...
  4. Jim Oaks

Wanted: Coil Spring Measurements When Installed (Stock & Lifted)

Hey everyone, this is a follow up to the discussion I started at: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/anyone-experienced-sagging-with-their-skyjacker-6-inch-coil-springs.183333/ My 1996 Ford Ranger 4x4 sits low in the front with my Skyjacker 6-inch Suspension. I want to...
  5. Jim Oaks

My latest video......

I finally put together a video of my trip to Overland Expo West and back last May. I plan to do an overview of the Trans America Trail and consolidate the highlights in to a single video as well. Thanks for watching.
  6. Jim Oaks

2019-Up Ford Ranger Tech Library

I have been working to create a separate Tech Library for the 2019 and newer Ford Rangers: https://www.therangerstation.com/ranger-tech/ If you would like to submit an article to the Tech Library, please use the 'Submit A Technical Article' forum...
  7. Jim Oaks

Ford Becomes Official Vehicle of King of The Hammers

Ford is coming aboard to serve as official vehicle of the King of The Hammers, ULTRA4 series – one of the most difficult, most extreme off-road competitions in the world combining high-speed desert racing with low-speed rock crawling Johnson Valley, the home of King of The Hammers, is a test-bed...
  8. Jim Oaks

I want everyone's input on adding the 2019+ Ford Ranger to the site

Tech Library: Something I've been struggling with is how to add tech info on the 2019+ Ranger to the site. Do I add it to the existing Tech Library, or create a separate Tech Library for the 2019+ Rangers? Maybe I'm afraid people won't find it. Forum: We now have different prefixes in the...
  9. Jim Oaks

1987 Ford Bronco II 4x4 With Winch & Grill Guard

1987 Ford Bronco ii Automatic 4x4 Clean Title Current Registration Runs Excellent Over $4000 invested in engine and suspension All major maintenance done All new upgraded cooling system All new belts and hoses Rebuild Motor Brand New Tires BFGOODRICH All Terrains Tires Brand New Paint...
  10. Jim Oaks

NOTICE Welcome New Moderators....

I'd like to welcome our newest Moderators: @ericbphoto @sgtsandman @Shran @snoranger @Uncle Gump The response to the request for more moderators was great. I had only planned on appointing two or three, and finally narrowed it down to these five with the help of the forum staff. Thanks to...
  11. Jim Oaks

NOTICE Rules For This Forum Section

1) Please include your location. 2) Please update the thread title prefix to 'Delete' when the item is no longer available. Thank you!
  12. Jim Oaks

Please update the thread title prefix to 'Found!' when the parts or vehicle is located, or 'Delete' if you're no longer looking for it. Thank you!
  13. Jim Oaks

1) Please include your location, and the price of the items you're selling. 2) Please update the thread title prefix to 'SOLD!' when the items are sold, or 'Delete' if you decide to no longer list the items. 3) This forum is for selling personal items. We DO NOT allow commercial selling...
  14. Jim Oaks

1) Please include your location, and the price of the vehicle you're selling. 2) Please update the thread title prefix to 'SOLD!' when the vehicle is sold, or 'Delete' if you decide to no longer list the vehicle. Thank you!
  15. Jim Oaks

Moderators Wanted....

The Ranger Station is looking for a couple of people to join our exciting team of Forum Moderators. Some of the benefits include: Work from home Make your own schedule Unlimited unpaid overtime 2-weeks unpaid vacation Access to the secret Staff Forum Seriously though, I'm looking for people...
  16. Jim Oaks

NOTICE Changes to this forum, and forum prefixes....

You will now notice that there is a 'prefix' drop down menu to the left of the thread titles. When you start a thread, you will be required to choose a 4-cylinder engine from that drop down. This allows us to consolidate the forum down, and makes it easier for you to filter out only the engines...
  17. Jim Oaks

Over The River Or Through The Woods, Ford Ranger Breadcrumbs Tech Helps You Find Your Way Back...

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 19, 2019 – Ford is making off-road adventures less stressful by giving drivers a “breadcrumb” path to find their way back to the pavement. When enabled in the SYNC® 3 navigation settings, the Breadcrumbs feature works in the background to drop a virtual pin every second...
  18. Jim Oaks

Ford Offering New Integrated Winch For 2020 Super Duty

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 14, 2020 – When the trail is blocked and there is nowhere else to go, for the first time ever on an F-Series Super Duty, the new 2020 model with Tremor Off-Road Package can help clear the way with an available integrated electric winch. The new Ford Performance Parts winch...
  19. Jim Oaks

RIP Rush Drummer Neal Peart

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three years, according to Elliott Mintz, a spokesperson for the Peart family. A representative for the band...