Search results

1. wildbill23c

Fuel issues

Yeah that screw don't do anything in the way an idle screw on a carburetor did...if you mess with what you think is the idle screw on these 2.9L engines you end up with a high idle or really low idle that the computer cannot compensate for, which is part of the IAC and TPS job from sending the...
  2. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

Sounds like color choices on most of today's shoebox cars LOL. I think a fluorescent pink one would be hilarious though, maybe blood red it'll conceal the blood of bambi much better LOL.
  3. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

I keep watching Craigslist, eventually I'll find one....and since my truck is white, just about any color will work LOL.
  4. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

How did you find your shell? Online, dealer? I haven't had any luck browsing the local Craigslist, haven't tried a camper shell dealer yet, and trying to avoid them as they put horrendous prices on them.
  5. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

Century is built by Leer at least that was what the dealer told me...but if that's the case they leave out a lot of quality in the Century shells that's what I had on my Toyota Tundra, it wasn't that great.
  6. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

Kind of what I was figuring out as far as the long bed trucks....I haven't seen many of them. I tried an online topper website to see what they had, only option they had for an 87 Ranger was for the supercab model with the 6.5' bed LOL....well that don't help HAHA!!! I wouldn't pay that kind...
  7. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

I had an 89 B2600i 4x4, I loved that truck. I was an idiot and traded it in on a new car...bad idea new car was far less reliable than my 319k mile B2600i pickup :(. The camper shell I had on my 2600i didn't have the boot between the cab and shell though.
  8. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

Seems like long bed Rangers were a rare thing or something I don't see many of them. I'll be keeping my eyes open though, just for the occasional bad weather trip that requires hauling stuff that I don't want to get wet, and be able to take it off for those trips to the dump and such. That's...
  9. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

Apparently the old plate number is way too old for Carfax to use, just tried that one LOL. Unfortunately I don't recall what the Idaho plate number was, and have yet to find anything with the vin on it.
  10. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

That's what I figure, someone, somewhere should have some record of where it went? If it was destroyed like scrapped, would they be able to find out? I thought once a vehicle was destroyed everything related was pretty much gone?
  11. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

The VIN, they require the VIN to do anything here, and the truck was sold in 2003, so they refuse to give information like that out due to some law protecting vehicle owners from their personal information being found through their license plate numbers....which don't make sense because the...
  12. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

That would be cool but nobody does that here in Idaho, the plate number is way too old for them to lookup. I don't have anything in the way of newer photos with an Idaho license plate, and since the vehicle was sold in 2003 all of my documents on the truck are long gone....I keep searching and...
  13. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

That don't do me any good, that was a California plate from the 80's...funny I still have those plates in the shop I think.
  14. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

I have nothing on it, the truck has been gone since 2003 sadly.
  15. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

That topper was a Stockland, and it had the boot between the shell and truck cab, and had a rubber seal between the bed and the shell, that thing never leaked, the only truck I ever had with a camper shell that the shell never leaked anywhere....they sure don't build them like that anymore...I...
  16. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

I don't have the VIN or any other information on it unfortunately.
  17. wildbill23c

What was your 1st car?

First vehicle was a 1984 Ford Ranger 4x2 XL 2.8L V6, automatic. My grandparents bought it new in 84, grandpa drove it to and from work during the week, used it on weekends and vacations to pull their 14' travel trailer. When I got my license I bought it from my grandparents, I drove it for...
  18. wildbill23c

Unplug Idle air control valve and engine dies (2.9L V6), Normal or bad valve?

I'm thinking of similar issues as well, if the weather would just cooperate on my days off it would be great, sucks trying to do any troubleshooting in the rain. Exactly part of my plan is to go through all the wiring and check everything over, as I have a feeling there may be some wiring...
  19. wildbill23c

I'd hope the pickup coil isn't bad in a brand new distributor but haven't ruled out anything at all yet. Weird part now is, it does it shortly after taking off down the highway, then sorts itself out and runs find the rest of the trip....I figured a pickup coil, distributor, TFI, etc. would be...
  20. wildbill23c

A code check again this afternoon turned up just the standard 11 code. I figured there would be some codes in there for something since the dang thing was lacking power this afternoon on a test drive when I found the fuel pressure regulator was leaking once again. I swear this is the 2nd...