Search results

1. alwaysFlOoReD

Wanted 1993 ranger headlight switch socket

The socket behind the dash that the headlight switch hooks into. Mine is melted, both of them!... Shipped to Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
  2. alwaysFlOoReD

Catalytic Converter - good or no good ?

I remember @adsm08 talking about cats. IIRC the dual and triple cats were because the 2 cats each removed different parts of the emissions.
  3. alwaysFlOoReD

Fuel issues

There is NOT an idle adjustment screw! There is an anti-diesel screw which should not be touched. There is a couple recent threads that have the procedure for setting the TPS back to factory stock. @RonD has described the procedure in other threads. Search... When the TPS is set properly then...
  4. alwaysFlOoReD

No power

Do you have a multi meter? Check the wires from the fuse block to the outlets.
  5. alwaysFlOoReD

swapping 2.9 l wiyh 4cyl.

On the automatic transmission there is a valve on the outside of the case near the back on passenger side. There is a vacuum line that runs from the valve up to the intake manifold. If the diaphragm breaks then trans fluid gets up into the motor. (Having a brain fart moment and can't remember...
  6. alwaysFlOoReD

GAWR

Weird...just went and looked at my 93 2.3l 2wd and couldn't find a sticker on any b-pillar or door, and nothing under the hood either. There was a calibration sticker on the drivers b-pillar. No sign of the sticker ever being on the truck.
  7. alwaysFlOoReD

I think his truck is an 86 2.9l/auto 4x4. He wants to swap in a 94 2.3l/manual. The manual is 2wd and he wants to know how to make it 4x4.
  8. alwaysFlOoReD

old people keep unplugging my truck

The perfect way to get a little tingle in your dingle...
  9. alwaysFlOoReD

Maf sensor problem

F = 199x. 0 = 0 so 1990 F = 199x. 5 = 5 so 1995 I don't know what the 7 and other F stand for but may be plant where built and type of part.
  10. alwaysFlOoReD

Maf sensor problem

I think the last 3 numbers is a revision number. Most likely there is no difference to the running of your engine.
  11. alwaysFlOoReD

Kid With Big Aspirations!

You have a head start on your truck...that's great!
  12. alwaysFlOoReD

Video Frame Capture

More info; " I don’t know which equipment is used or how high quality the images are supposed to be in the end, but a video recording is of lesser quality for one thing, and dependant on the codec for another. On most cameras the video gets recorded as H.264 directly, which is nice for...
  13. alwaysFlOoReD

2.8L Power? Why is my rebuilt 2.8L so slow...

@PetroliumJunkie412
  14. alwaysFlOoReD

What was your 1st car?

Hmmm, I will have to take a closer look at the topper on my 87 Mazda b2600. It has the gasket to the cab and as far as I can see doesn't leak. It is the first one I've seen like it.
  15. alwaysFlOoReD

Shop heat....

No.
  16. alwaysFlOoReD

Wanted Looking for free 2.9s

I read someone with more knowledge than me say that carbs are still better at all out horsepower, like in drag racing. But it was internet reading....
  17. alwaysFlOoReD

Forced to the dark side

I've driven a new at the time 2017 dodge ram 5.7 hemi on hot shots to fort mac. I was getting 10l/100km (23.5 us mpg) out of it. When I first got it the average mileage was 15l/100km (15.7 us mpg). It belongs to the company owner that I was doing hotshot for. So I was expecting a little better...
  18. alwaysFlOoReD

Does the fm146 bolt to a 2.3? His 2wd trans is out of a '94, I think those came with m5od-r1 trans so needs a 4x4 m5od-r1 for parts.
  19. alwaysFlOoReD

Forced to the dark side

What year is your truck?