Search results

1. Volkshook

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR RANGER TODAY?

Congrats! (?)
  2. Volkshook

I feel like I now need to ask, "Who you gonna call"?
  3. Volkshook

Helpful. 🙄 (🙂) Actually, it goes here:
  4. Volkshook

It seems to me that the "New Ranger" has something in common with the "New Beetle," namely that it's resemblance to the original doesn't go much further than the basic shape and the name badge. It's a shame that car manufacturers so readily forget that not all buyers want what the company thinks...
  5. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

6. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

I'm mostly just curious about why that is, y'know?
  7. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

I don't doubt that you know whereof you speak. It just doesn't make sense in my head. So, what? Are the cylinders just really skinny or something?
  8. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

Here's a head scratcher: should a 3L V6 from 1993 really feel as gutless as this one does to a driver who's used to a 1.9L four-popper, even taking into account all the extra weight?
  9. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

So, I did buy a bottle of Super Duper Flush Yer System, but I forgot to use it. I talked to my uncle, who's been rebuilding Chevy Impalas since the '60s, about my flushing technique (pulled the thermostat, put the thermostat housing back on, poked the hose into that, ran water into the system...
  10. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

Okay, I've got the new radiator, new water pimp (yes, pimp), and new thermostat. Radiator's drained. Thermostat housing is off. Flush now through the thermostat seat? Wait until the pimp is off the block? Or is this when I sacrifice the chicken and make a Jackson Pollock with it's innards...
  11. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

For what it's worth, I set that brake every time I get out of the vehicle.
  12. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

New fun, this morning. Emergency brake didn't let go. The pedal popped up to the released position, but wheels didn't get the memo. Goosed the gas and got moving, been driving normally since, but this is the second time it's happened. Just not excited about it. Much more common is the sensation...
  13. Volkshook

Chrome Custom Ford Ranger 5-lug Rims w/ Tires

Well, I mean, that's how much I know about anything with a radiator, so... 😂 That's why I'm here. 😁
  14. Volkshook

Karmann Ghia is the model. It's a Volkswagen, and a lot of fun to drive. A V-8 would ruin it, though.
  15. Volkshook

I didn't have any problem with the way they looked. I think they looked nice. They're just not as practical as stock. It's the same reason I never got my Bug, Bus or Ghia lowered, though I love that look: I still have to drive it.
  16. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

I actually pulled the drain plug out the other day when I made that first attempt to drain it, but I confess I didn't add any pressure (don't have a pressure tester...yet). Actually, a friend of mine has generously offered the use of his shop on Saturday, so we'll see if I can have better...
  17. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

The Waste Management transfer station is just a little way down the interstate, and that's where the O'Reilly's guy suggested I take the old stuff. I do think I'll look into a couple more Homer buckets from the Home Despot, though.
  18. Volkshook

The tires sold, so... No longer available.
  19. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

It's my Ranger and I'll cry if I want to.
  20. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

The hell?? I have places to drive between now and when I can possibly change out a water pump or a radiator. Does this mean I'm risking my engine if I use my truck to go to the places I need to go? 😭😭😭 I miss my Bug.