Search results

1. 95 ranger abs delete distrbution block

Anybody know who makes/sells a 'direct replacement' distribution block for these Ranger abs deletes?? Thanks
  2. Steering locked up??

Never Mind, I AM A TOTAL IDIOT !!! After reading my post it dawned on me that JUST MAYBE I should try unlocking the ignition with the key!!!! I seems to work just fine, thankyou very much !! :rolleyes:😂😂
  3. Steering locked up??

Okay so I'm swapping a V8 into a 95 Ranger RWD std. cab. I've totally stripped the engine bay EXCEPT for the power steering gear box and steering shaft. Now I've done a few things at the same time so I'm not sure what may have caused what I perceive to be a problem. Or maybe it's not, so here...
  4. 93 Regular cab 2wd 351 swap coil springs

Hey guys, been doin the research lately and found the Moog CC866 is rated at 1650lbs. Stock V6 springs are 1447lbs. This works for my Cleveland transplant, they are each about 200lbs. heavier than stock. Then I called O'Reilly's to order and they no longer do Moog! They now carry...
  5. stock ranger clutch master cyl pushing a Mcleod internal slave cylinder??

Hello All. I'm tryin' to put together a combination hydraulic clutch for my 95 ranger with a 351C/toploader trans. I would like to use the stock master clyinder ( for fitment purposes ) and I need to convert to an internal slave due to clearance issues...
  6. '95 Hydraulic Clutch(5 spd) reuse on a '71 Toploader(4 spd) ??

Thanks for the responses. Problem I'm having is the Bore on a stock Ranger is 5/8" . Most of the decent or good slaves (exterior mount) are 3/4' and 7/8" so that master won't work properly or efficiently. Got a tip to try a '99 F 550 master but I'm not sure...
  7. '95 Hydraulic Clutch(5 spd) reuse on a '71 Toploader(4 spd) ??

Hello All. I've got a '95 Ranger V6, 5 spd manual that I'm doing an engine/trans/rear end/ everything swap. So I'm installing a 4 spd. '71 toploader behind a Cleveland and trying to figure out the clutch app. I want to use. The truck came with a hydraulic clutch. I know I have to...
  8. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

I don't know the answer but you might want to pm bobbywalter. He's the one that introduced it to this thread.
  9. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Thanks for that. So I've stripped out ALL the electric harnesses from the bay down to the 3 square connectors at the lower drivers side firewall. I've decided to start from scratch. If I'm understanding your description and I wired the pump, w/o the TAN and WHITE wires, I could use this as...
  10. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Thanks, think I'll take a look around and see if I can scrounge up a non abs setup for a reasonable price. If not I'll just leave it disconnected.
  11. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Hello, it's me again. Got a feeling I'll be lookin for a lot of advice during this build of mine! And I will appreciate all your advise(s) and your patience as I roll. This certainly is my biggest project ever even tho I've been an avid drag racer and engine builder for well over 50 years...
  12. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

My toploader does have the speedo connection. What do you mean by "rework" the plug?
  13. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Thanks for that BW. So is the ABS a simple disconnect or a rework?
  14. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Hey Walt, Can the existing ABS simply be disconnected and the brakes still function with no adverse conditions? Is the ABS a computer function or just a part of the electrical system? BTW, retired also and anticipating a very painful ($) project! But lovin' it. :cool:
  15. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

How Cool!! Yesterday I had never heard of an EVTM and as of late last nite I now own one (a 95 at that)! Thank you E Bay and Thank you respondents :cool:
  16. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Thanks for all the replies!! So cool! so, please describe "EVTM" and "Speedway Harness". Not familiar with these but I'm liking what I'm hearing. Re: speedometer : is that on a seperate mechanical cable? Do I need to pull the dashboard / guage panel to do the EVTM or Speedway method? Sorry...
  17. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

And thats my issue. I do want to keep the dash intact (guage wise) and the exterior lites (head,turn,tail, brake, etc.) Is there a disconnect somewhere for these functions? Would I just chop, trace, and replace? Are there aftermarket products to handle this? I know I don't need engine...
  18. From Computer to Carburetor.. How to Empty an Engine Bay????

Hello All, Just pulled my 4.0 from my 95 Ranger, Std. Cab, 2WD. I am going to load my 351C /408 w/ 4 spd. Toploader in it's place. Needless to say, I've got wire harnesses everywhere along with all the other systems parts and pieces lookin like a bomb went off!! o_O What I would LIKE to do...
  19. Hello again< from a different angle. I'm not sure where to post a Q? I want to gut my entire...

Hello again< from a different angle. I'm not sure where to post a Q? I want to gut my entire engine bay (I think) to install my Cleveland but I'm not sure what wiring nightmare I would create. Where would I post such a Question or is there a resident expert on this matter?? Thanks, Jack