Search results

1. 93 2wd vs 4wd pitman arms

I replaced the manual steering box in my 93 2wd with a power unit to make driving with a 351 easier. The truck had dropped I beams. The manual pitman arm had a slight drop built into it and the power one is straight which puts the drag link closer to the front oil drain plug than I like on full...
  2. New custom grille for 93-97

My truck came with a black billet grille that I'm not going to use. Brand new, still in the box, make an offer. It's in NH.
  3. New roll pan for styleside

My project truck came with a new steel roll pan still in the box. I want to sell it or trade it for a chrome rear bumper in nice shape. Make an offer. It's in NH.
  4. 93 Regular cab 2wd 351 swap coil springs

What's everyone using for front springs to hold up the weight of a V8? The truck had lowering front control arms when I bought it and had been built as a drag truck with a 302 that I sincerely hope was never raced based on the shoddy workmanship I found. I think I can live with the lowered...
  5. 93 Ranger gas tank sender specs

I'm using an 86-88 gas tank and sending unit in my 93 Ranger and, not surprisingly, the gauge isn't accurate. Does anyone know the resistance specs for empty and full for a 93 sender? Mine shows 76 ohms empty and the gauge reads about half with 3 gallons in it.
  6. How do V8 conversions pass OBD II emissions inspection?

NH uses the Gordon Darby OBD II emissions inspection system on everything 96 and newer for state inspection. It plugs into the data link and tests the function and it also reads the VIN in the PCM and compares it to the one the tech entered off the registration. The system won't fail a vehicle...
  7. Terminology

Let's talk like Ford guys because I assume we are. No Ford ever had a "posi", positraction was a GM name for their limited slip. Ford's used Traction Lok differentials, or later limited slip, and some of them had optional Torsen differentials. Unless you installed a DUI unit, no Ford had...
  8. Mustang II bellhousing won't work with 351

I discovered today when I bolted a C4 with a Mustang II flex plate, Bell housing, block plate and torque convertor up to my 351 with a fox body oil pan that a starter will not fit. The Mustang II 140 tooth flywheel and small diameter bell housing seemed like a good idea but it tucks the starter...
  9. 2011 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4 4dr is sold

42.000 miles. Bought new by retired Ford service manager & maintained religiously. 4.0 SOHC, At, a/c, trailer tow (never used), power windows, locks & mirrors, satellite radio ( Hate Sirius & won't subscribe) Gray with fiberglass Leer cap & Husky floor liners NADA retail is $19,250. Sell for...
  10. Gat tank crossmember

I'm resurrecting a 93 regular cab long bed that was used as a drag truck and need to find a gas tank crossmember. The frame isn't rusty(at least by NH standards), they chopped it out with a sawz all for some reason. I want to put the fuel tank back where it was to make room for a spare tire...
  11. 351 exhaust manifolds

Has anyone found cast iron exhaust manifolds that work on a 351 in a 93 2wd Ranger? I don't want to use a body lift to gain clearance and the plan is to use Fox Mustang convertible engine mounts. Short tube headers would be a second choice.
  12. NH Ranger project

I signed up to read comments from others who've done V8 swaps.I'm new to this site,but I'm not new to Ford,I retired from a dealership after 42 years,35 as service manager so I have some experience with the vehicles.I currently have one of the last 2011's we had in stock and I bought a 93 2wd...