Search results

1. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Nothing done internally. No forged internals, no cams or upgrade heads or anything like that.
  2. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

My truck's sponsor, Auto Mafia Racing, crushed the 3.7 sealed motor record by a half-second over the weekend at Cleetus and Cars. The motor itself has 150k miles on it. He is the go-to guy for anything 3.7 and has competitive pricing on almost all brands of performance parts Support the small...
  3. Recommendations for new AC kits - 97' 3.0 5 sp. XLT

I installed a full kit in my heater only 97 w/ 2.3 and 5 speed. I did a quick search of the internet and I think I got it through ACKITS.COM as the site looks familiar. Took a full day to install but looked stock on the truck and worked great. Had the truck for 5 years after that and never had...
  4. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Hey everyone. Motor and trans were pulled Sunday so I can do cams and converter. It also gives me the opportunity to clean up the engine bay. Progress will be slow the next few months since I had knee surgery today. All is well but it will be some time before I'm able to work on the truck...
  5. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

New video is up Below is the progress pic from the end of today. Just need to disconnect trans harness, trans mounts, and motor mounts and it will be ready to come up.
  6. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

I'm not sure I understand the question. My tuner does use HP Tuners since we are running through an NGauge. I have nothing to do with the actual tuning side of it other than sending the datalogs to him.
  7. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Walk around video is live
  8. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Did a couple more tune updates today. Finally touched the engine tune to address the bogging off the line. Bottom line is that the automatic F150 is tuned super conservatively at the low end, hence our issues with launching. Obviously it needs a stall converter, but this update will help with...
  9. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

New video up from testing last night. After reviewing the datalogs today, there's a spike in the MAF flow as soon as I hit the gas but then it jumps back down to the same flow as when holding the launch RPM. I initially suspected it may be the throttle body not opening fast enough and affecting...
  10. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

New update video posted below. We're close to where we want to be! TnT on Friday. I'd appreciate it if you subscribed to my channel to help me grow it.
  11. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Heck ya! I appreciate all the support. Ya we've been trying to get it up to 7k. Best we've gotten is it bouncing off the limiter at 6300. We're spending the weekend trying to figure out what in the coding is limiting it. Our prime suspect is the wheel speed sensors since they were not swapped...
  12. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Made some progress on the tune today, but it's still not 100%. We got the shift points higher, but the last update of the day created some hesitation in the shifts. Kalob at Auto Mafia Racing is doing a great job of make progress with each update. We'll get her ready for TnT this weekend! Full...
  13. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Thanks boss. I'm so excited to keep improving the truck as this is only the beginning!
  14. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

First run with the new tune by my sponsor Auto Mafia Racing. Truck now shifts from 3-4, but the RPM problem has not been solved. He set the tune to shift at 7k, but we are only getting 5-5.7k RPM. He's taking a look at the logs and we will hopefully have another test drive or two by the end of...
  15. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

First day of testing after over 3 years of building. Here's the highlights of the trip and some comments on what needs to happen next... Tidied up the truck Wednesday only to notice the battery wasn't charging. Took the truck to Autozone and they concurred I needed a new alternator. Had to...
  16. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Sorry I've been slacking on taking pictures. I will get some tomorrow. Heading to Alien City Dragway in Roswell, NM for TnT. Test drive today went well, and I did a coolant flush. Discovered the alternator was bad so a new one is arriving in the morning. Will get that put in then it's off to the...
  17. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

I'm back from another work trip. This time I have 2 weeks off so my goal is to get the truck squared away and to the track. Since the last update, I've been doing wiring modifications. The hood wont close with the fuse box in front, so I moved it to the passenger side by the battery. This...
  18. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Unfortunately not. Work has me away again for the summer so I won't be touching it for a few months. Definitely hope to get it down the track before they close for the winter when I get back!
  19. Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

Since the last update, I've filled fluids and reconnected everything. Took it for a test drive 2 weeks ago but had a really bad bounce. Worked with racestar over the last 2 weeks and we came to the conclusion that my hub centric rings were not centering the wheels properly. Turns out my custom...
  20. Let's talk axle shortening...

Getting my explorer 8.8 shortened to fit under my ranger drag project. We all know that the diff is offset for fuel tank clearance and quite a few people narrow the driver's side by 2 7/8" in order to run two pax side axles in it. Great, but the pinion flange on the 8.8 is not centered on the...