Search results

1. A4ld rough shift and stumbling when hitting pedal

I'd think the stumbling would be engine related not transmission related. Fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator would be a couple items I'd check/replace first. The only thing I could think of if the transmission is actually causing the hesitation and stumbling would be the torque converter...
  2. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

Awesome, thank you for that insight. Never would have thought about using a different floorplate and doing some modifications to get it to work. Really want to try this sometime, hopefully in a different vehicle than my current B2 LOL...I'd rather not deal with another transmission issue...
  3. '88 Nissan "850" D21 HardBody

I had an 89 Nissan D21 with the 3L V6 5 speed, 4x4 extended cab (back seats just as useless as a Ranger's), and the AC still worked...poor thing had 320k miles on it....well at least that's what the odometer said, the odometer wasn't working for an unknown amount of time till I had it repaired...
  4. Bronco II value help

My 88 Bronco 2 EB edition only had the lumbar support, seat has been swapped out and it wasn't working when I swapped seats anyhow so no loss there, and never have used it anyways. No overhead console or map lights, maybe only in the push button 4x4 models I think, seems the only ones I'v ever...
  5. 1st gen daily drivers?

Quite a few people still driving 1st gen RBV's here where I live in southern Idaho. Many people here love them because if you are into hunting, fishing, etc. they fit on those tight backroads trails unlike today's bloated vehicles.
  6. 88 Bronco 2 Speedometer Cable, What Size?

I seem to recall replacing a speedometer cable in my 84 Ford Ranger and I don't recall taking anything apart either, so I was going to attempt that first LOL...Looking under the dash it doesn't seem to be that hard to do, more or less just trying to blindly get the cable into the speedometer...
  7. 88 Bronco 2 Speedometer Cable, What Size?

Thank you for your awesome information as always, figured you would know with all your knowledge of these vehicles. I'll give the ole computer some typing and searching work this weekend. I think the worse part for that cable replacement is getting the new cable fished up under the dash and...
  8. Bronco II value help

Yeah that's an Eddie Bauer I believe...ok well optioned out like a Cadillac from like the 70's LOL. They really didn't have much additional options that the base model didn't have. I think the Eddie Bauer badges, and the different seat material is about the only real things that I don't think...
  9. Bronco II value help

Certainly not worth $10k. I bought my 88 EB Bronco 2 for $800, had the transmission rebuilt and a new engine installed...I've got almost $13k into it...I'd be lucky to sell it right now for $1,000. I sure as hell wouldn't spend $10k on someone's 1/2 ass paint job, and for a vehicle with the...
  10. 88 Bronco 2 Speedometer Cable, What Size?

Does anyone know by chance what length speedometer cable the Bronco 2 uses with the automatic transmission, and a good place to order one. Seems mine is bad. It would stick at 0mph for a while then jump up to the correct speed...then this morning it did the same except it went all the way...
  11. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

Awesome, thanks again for your information. So you have the transmission installed, with a different shifter, wonder if the original C5 shifter would work, I mean why wouldn't it, that's how it worked originally. Did you just use an aftermarket shifter due to liking it better? Or was there...
  12. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

Great information, thank you. Please update once you get the drivelines back in as to how it drives. Course without overdrive you'll be running higher engine RPM's, but I'm going to say the C5 would be more reliable...and given my 93 ranger ate 2 A4LD's and my 88 bronco 2 is on its 1st rebuild...
  13. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

Those numbers would be best case LOL. Personally if I'd have to swap a transmission I'd rather have a shop rebuild it prior to putting it in, rather than putting it in and finding out there's an issue, course if you got one out of an operational donor then that would be best of course. I...
  14. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

The rebuild on my current A4LD was $2400 so I'd think if I had an operational C5 it would be a lot cheaper than another rebuild, but I don't foresee any problems the A4LD has been great since the rebuild 2-1/2 years ago. Nice to know the C5 will work though. I had a C5 in my 84 Ranger which...
  15. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

This is interesting to know. I did have the A4LD in my 88 Bronco 2 rebuilt a couple years ago and the shop did a lot of updates and supposedly better parts during the rebuild. I've driven it daily sense then and haven't had any problems so I hope that's a good sign, but I do like the idea of...
  16. Automtive technology you miss.

Sounds like several people are finally getting tired of all the electric and electronic shit in today's vehicles. In my 84 Ranger I turned a knob to turn on the radio and the same knob controlled the volume. Now you have to press a dozen buttons followed by another dozen buttons just to get to...
  17. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

I didn't know it was possible to swap a C5 into a newer Ranger, I didn't think the C5's bell housing and bolt pattern would work? This is news to me, but if my A4LD blows up in my Bronco 2 I think I'd like the C5, I had the C5 in my 84 Ranger and that thing pulled a 14' travel trailer from...
  18. addition of transmission oil cooler

The 4x4 light is supposed to come on when you are in low range, both lights are supposed to be illuminated in low range. Nothing wrong with the system.
  19. Photography?

I enjoy taking pictures just never carry a camera around when I should, and the past couple years I haven't done anything except go to work and come home so I've really slacked off on it. Sadly I bought a new camera last summer after my mom passed away and used it once during the funeral and...
  20. 2020 Ranger: Is there a V-6 Option?

If they do put a V6 in it, they better leave the turbo crap off of it, and give us a usable sized truck bed, for $40k+ it should be a usable truck not a 80's or 90's Toyota.