Search results

1. REPLACEMENT FOR 4.0 OHV 1995

Good idea pulling off the front sheet metal; that saves time and helps prevent using strong language in front of that little girl.
  2. Rod bolts for the 4.0l OHV...

Been thinking a bit: make sure those replacement rods weigh the same as the old ones or everything will be out of balance. Otherwise replace the crank, flywheel and balancer too. Unless they have the same part number, they may not weigh the same. Rods can be 565 0r 585 grams. Sorry that I...
  3. 94 4.0 overheating problem and whats the next step?

There is a misunderstanding here because vapor lock is a fuel delivery problem. If air is getting in, then steam (or water) is getting out when it is warmed up. I'd guess water pimp and/or radiator. Drain your radiator and look at the coolant as it come out for starters. People are sayig the 4.0...
  4. Rod bolts for the 4.0l OHV...

I'm surprised that a machine shop can't answer the bolt question, but as long as the rods have the same part numbers the bolts should be the same. I've seen mid-year changes with Ford but the parts should be the same if the numbers are the same. I seriously doubt there would be any out of...
  5. Cylinder head leak - What to do?

258K is near the end of the engine life so don't be surprised if it fails sometime soon if you keep driving. The question you have to answer is: how important is reliability to you? Be sure it isn't a hose or fitting, but if that were the case, it would overheat or steam would come out when the...
  6. 99 4.0 Oil pan Removal.

You don't see tips like that in any manual!
  7. Whats this hole?

If I recall correctly, no.
  8. 040 Stamped on pistons.

That's .40 over. As said before MEASURE before you order anything. My experience is that there is very little bore wear in these engines but double check. The .40 over, I'm sure, wasn't from ordinary wear.
  9. 1983- 1987 Ultimate Ranger disc.

Sold -
  10. The Ranger disc has copies of the factory 2.9 manual along with 2.8 and 2.3 engines - also has...

The Ranger disc has copies of the factory 2.9 manual along with 2.8 and 2.3 engines - also has transmission and rear end things with much other Ranger stuff.
  11. 1983- 1987 Ultimate Ranger disc.

I'll check when I get home tomorrow.
  12. 1983- 1987 Ultimate Ranger disc.

CD with repair information for 83 - 87 Ranger and Bronco II. Has other info as well to help 2.8 owners. $10. including shipping. This is not a factory disc.
  13. Clogged intake ports

A piece of wire rope chucked into a drill will whip around and break it free. Soaking in water will soften it, but that shouldn't be necessary. It does not have to be perfectly clean.
  14. Where to find two piece thermostat housings?

Bolts are available in the US. You may be able to tap the rear housing with a larger thread; that worked for me.
  15. Intake and elec problems

Guages: You may need a new Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator
  16. 84 2.8 giving me some issues

I noticed your California location; did you pull codes? (It's probably in the carb, but the more information you have, the better.
  17. 2.8l Water Outlet Desperately Needed

I have one. not perfect but I had it on a running 2,8. I can send pictures showing the condition. It has one threaded hole one size larger than stock because I had to re-thread that hole.
  18. No codes

I don't know the history of this truck, just bought it. It runs with misses, but runs. When I tried to pull codes I got nothing; the code reader didn't even turn on. Does anyone have any ideas about this. (I got a wiring diagram, but haven't started trying anything yet)
  19. Off Topic - Merry Christmas

and Happy Holidays to all.
  20. Starter gear problem

I've been having starter problems and need to know if anyone here has use the 10 (ten) tooth gear on their 2.8 with 5 speed transmission. I'm on my third starter in about six months; they work at first, then they get noisy and eventually just spin. I have replaced the flywheel, but ordered a...