Search results

1. tinman_72

2.3L cam swap

I am about 85% sure that change was made for the '95 model year and newer when they totally reworked the design of the engine.
  2. tinman_72

Volvo EPAS Conversion

Is it just me or is there no write-up. I only see Steps 1:, Steps 2, and Steps 3.
  3. tinman_72

WTB: 89-94 NON-Tach gauge cluster

93-94 will fit but the pinout is different.
  4. tinman_72

'97 Ranger I beam replacement

There is a brake upgrade for pre-95 models that require changing to 95-97 I-beams. So unless you want to downgrade your brakes stick with 95-97 I-beams. Edit: Now that I think about it, I believe the I-beams are the same, it is the spindles that are different.
  5. tinman_72

Tire questions.

I have never seen a Ranger that came with different sized tires. Someone probably put them on that way. I went a different way than most with my four cylinder Ranger. I put 15x8 rims with 255/60R15's all the way around. No rubbing. Looks tough, handles amazing. I did have to change speedo gear...
  6. tinman_72

Dashboard question

The dash changed from the style in the picture for the 1995 model year.
  7. tinman_72

Turn crankshaft with timing belt removed?

No it will not hurt anything. Lima engines are non-interference.
  8. tinman_72

Retro F150???

The Ford in the pictures in the link: I like it. I don't think it makes it look like a 70's truck. I think it just looks like 2 tone paint.
  9. tinman_72

Invite???

Next time you see your friend, just say "Hey you should check out therangerstation.com".
  10. tinman_72

Creating HP on a 2.3 (naturally aspirated)

The cam is a major factor as to how high your motor can rev. If you put a high RPM range cam in it then it will rev past 4K. You can have the PCM reflashed or you can buy a chip that will plug directly into the PCM box. (EEC)
  11. tinman_72

Greetings from northeastern GA...

Welcome to TRS, what an appropriate username. :) I am also located in northeast GA.
  12. tinman_72

2000 Ford Ranger 7.5-8.8 Axle Swap

It is a plug and play swap. Driveshaft bolts right up. I think the only thing I had to do when I swapped mine was I had to buy new U-bolts.
  13. tinman_72

Removing and replacing Driver's side Core Plug; Mystery cylinder

There is a valve that goes to the charcoal canister with both a vacuum line and an electrical connector. It should be in the area described.
  14. tinman_72

$700 obo

They aren't all that rare. There were lots of police, taxi, and fleet 351W panthers.
  15. tinman_72

Fel-Pro blue valve cover gaskets only $11.42 + shipping at rockauto.com

I have always used the blue Fel-Pros on Windsors, never had a problem.
  16. tinman_72

Getting extra power

Upgrading coil packs, plugs, and wires will help if your old ones are worn. You already have a cold air intake if it is factory. Premium fuel is for when your engine is pinging, it is not a power adder unless you have the ability to advance your timing. (Or is it reetard, I forget which way it...
  17. tinman_72

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR RANGER TODAY?

I put a new hood on mine this weekend. I have had the hood for several years, never got around to doing it until now.
  18. tinman_72

The Little Ranger's That Could or Probably Shouldn't Have.

Am I the only one that sees no picture or link to what the original poster is referring to?
  19. tinman_72

Need help with 2.3L ignition

Nope, '94 2.3 is same as '93 2.3. They changed to ODBII in '95 and reconfigured the motor.