• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. The Texas Ranger

What’s for dinner tonite!

A smoothie I made from frozen strawberries and bananas, eaten with a spoon. Better dinner next time. 🤷
  2. The Texas Ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Happy birthday America! No BBQs for me to attend. So I clayed and waxed my 1997. This was the first time I've done this myself. All by hand, I'm tired! 😆 This requires a lot of elbow grease! Chemical Guys - Black Clay Bar Turtle Wax Oh yeah, and also changed a flat on my 2008.
  3. The Texas Ranger

Carplay / Android Auto recommendations?

Hey y'all! My 2008 currently has a Kenwood unit the previous owner installed. Can anyone recommend another unit where you can seamlessly change between Carplay and AM/FM? There's just too much tapping and swiping involved while I'm trying to drive. 😅 I also really prefer hard buttons or...
  4. The Texas Ranger

Normal 4.0 Operating Temps?

Hey Ranger friends! I've been watching the temps on my OBDII gauge on my 2008 4.0 and wanted to see where everyone else is at. I've been ranging between 199-207 degrees. The temp gauge on the cluster seems normal, just a hair behind the middle point. Am I over concerned? In the past year I've...
  5. The Texas Ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I finally pulled the camper shell off my 2008. I've been on the fence about it for a while but I prefer the real pickup feel of a Ranger. Not sure what to do with it now. 🤷
  6. The Texas Ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Persistent P0401 EGR code? Check this!

If you have a recurring P0401 EGR code on your 2.3 or 2.5 Lima, check the EGR port for clogs. This picture shows the EGR port in the intake manifold. You can check it simply by removing your throttle body. You should remove the manifold from the truck before clearing the blockage to prevent...
  7. The Texas Ranger

Just joined. Here are my two Rangers!

Thanks! I took inspiration from my old police Crown Vic. I like the utilitarian look.
  8. The Texas Ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 2.3 Front Crankshaft Seal

The cover is out! It just needed bit more persuasion. No bottom bolts for my cover.
  9. The Texas Ranger

I do believe you're right about the bolts. It seems to me there are a few different variations of this cover after flipping through some on eBay. Some have bottom holes, some do not. On my engine, I don't believe those bolts are holding this cover.
  10. The Texas Ranger

I have everything removed except for any oil pan bolts. I'll have to play with it later. From the looks of it, it didn't look like the oil pan bolts were near this cover. Thanks friend!
  11. The Texas Ranger

The answer to my question is yes. The inner shell along with the oil pump sprocket need to come off. I'm prying the front of this cover and it is separating from the block but something is stopping it from coming off. I don't want to pry too hard. Am missing something?
  12. The Texas Ranger

Well my suspicions were right, here's what my crank seal looks like. I'm looking for some guidance from here. It looks like I'll also need to remove the inner timing cover with the diamond marks on it along with the oil pump sprocket? Is this front seal cover also fastened by bolts from the...
  13. The Texas Ranger

Just joined. Here are my two Rangers!

Hey y'all! I'm a long time Ranger fan and have used TheRangerStation since. Today I finally made my own account. These are my two Rangers. My red is a 2008 XLT, 4.0, 4x4, auto. This was a one owner truck originally sold at Seekins Ford in Fairbanks, Alaska. I bought it at a Ford dealer in...
  14. The Texas Ranger

Hey friends! I got my 1997 2.3 apart for a timing belt job. I ordered a FEL-PRO front crank seal to install since I'll be down there anyway. Should I drain the motor oil before I remove this circled cover? I've only seen one video but it was with a stripped block without fluid. Is reassembly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad