• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. m.dolomieu

Causes for grenaded T-case?

Silver glitter did not overwhelmingly stick to a magnet when I waved it through the fluid as it was sitting in an oil catch pan. The truck should be done at the body shop tomorrow, so I may know more this weekend.
  2. m.dolomieu

I picked up 2qts of Valvoline 789153, hopefully that is the correct stuff.
  3. m.dolomieu

It's hard to say since I only have about 300 miles of the 180k on the truck. It's not entirely impossible that I spilled fluid out of the breather connection in the 4ish months of shuffling the case around my garage while I was rebuilding the trans. Hindsight tells me I should've double-checked...
  4. m.dolomieu

I'll document the carnage when I pull it :cool:
  5. m.dolomieu

I used my pinky finger as a depth gauge and fluid was about 3/8-1/2" below the fill hole, iirc the spec was somewhere in that range per my shop manual. I definitely didn't leave it empty, but I have been addressing leaks as I find them since this is a 17yo truck. I assume I would've noticed if...
  6. m.dolomieu

What is the correct fluid these days for a transfer case on these trucks? The tech pages say Mercon ATF, which I assume is Mercon V or equivalent? Or should I be using XL-12? Also, I put brand new BF Goodrich KO2s 31x10.5 as the truck had from the factory, but I will double check that I didn't...
  7. m.dolomieu

I'm thinking this is what happened. I drove for probably another 10 miles before I even noticed this crack. I heard a pop like I had run over a piece of wood and kicked it up into the undercarriage or something, but did not notice any strange vibrations or sounds before/after it blew up. For...
  8. m.dolomieu

Crossposting from Reddit: Hey all, maybe a stupid question, but are there any common/likely reasons my T-case grenaded? I recently replaced the fluid with Mervin LV, checked the level by dipping my finger in the fill port. I torqued the fill plug to 18lbft per the shop manual. There was some...
  9. m.dolomieu

Found! '06-'11 4.0L/MT/4WD Wiring Retainer

Found the part at a local pick and pull. For anyone trying to find the same, these retainers seem to be used on all ‘06-‘11 Rangers indiscriminate of drivetrain configuration. The truck I pulled mine off was an ‘08 3.0L 2wd auto trans.
  10. m.dolomieu

Found! '06-'11 4.0L/MT/4WD Wiring Retainer

Hi all, working on a transmission rebuild for my 07 FX4 Lv2 and I broke a wiring retainer. Ford P/N 7L5Z-14A163-B. Ford's "base" number is 14A163N. If someone has a spare laying around or knows of another solution, I can make it worth your time. Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad