• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

@pjtoledo - thanks for sharing your 373k miles - that's amazing and gives me hope! Good on ya! I feel exactly the same about it being easier to back up w/mirrors. I just wanted the camera for 1) Parking lot speeders who arrive right as I'm trying to back up from between two ginormous vehicles...
  2. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

Sorry to hear you're having even more "fun" than I was, that sounds awful! Someday when I'm under mine again, I'll have a better look at the wires at my tranny switch to see if I can tell what colors they truly are. But, if I were to coach anyone reading this thread in the future for advice, I...
  3. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

I got it working, finally! I thought I'd update here with "Lessons Learned" for any future info-seekers: 1. (Unrelated but since I mentioned this above) The wipers turned out to be some sort of issue on the BACK SIDE of the fuse panel (the one in the kick panel). The mechanic fixed it - for...
  4. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

At least I figured out I was trying to tap the wrong wire that was coming out of the trans. It wasn't Black/Pink at all - sorry about that! But I am fairly certain that what I was tapping into is the reverse lamp switch, based on my completely scientific assessment of online pics from AutoZone...
  5. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

First off, the promised pic of the wiring at the panel. Below that, an apology for getting some of my wires crossed...er, colors crossed? Legend for the photo: Top to bottom, 1-4: Wire #1 is in the "middle" wiring connector. I call it "middle" because there is a smaller one above it, but it is...
  6. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

I will do that in a couple days - thank you so much for the add'l info and troubleshooting steps. Best wishes on your cam install; do let us know how it goes...
  7. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

GREAT question, but no - I've still got the incandescents. Thank you for the thought and suggestion!
  8. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

Thank you for the response, @2011Supercab (and supporters)! I did realize that I had made a mistake when wiring things, which I corrected. But I still can't get reverse gear to trigger the camera... More info: - The + wire feeding my backup lights at the bulb *is* Black/pink. - The Chilton...
  9. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I discovered that this nifty cam from BestBuy will fit, under my all-metal tailgate latch, and right next to the Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock! https://ibeamusa.com/product/TE-CLED
  10. Reverse wire always gives 12v...?

Howdy all. I've just installed a Boss Audio head unit and a backup camera in my 06 Ranger. Both work, but now I'm trying to get things wired so that the backup camera will activate when I shift into reverse, instead of having to wait for the head unit to boot all the way up and turn it on/off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad