• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Possible reaction with the PAG oil. Chunks could break off and fill the orifice tube or compressor.
  2. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

PAG oil on the O-rings. No sillycun geese. I poured enough clean oil out of the lines to use to lube my O-rings before I installed them. Remember to sit your compressor on the clutch while you work. The oil will flow down and around the front seal and help prevent any leaks. It also stops the...
  3. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Good info, thanks.
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Are those still available, and are they steel or aluminum? I could use a console when I swap out my 60/40 for the bucket van seats.
  5. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Strangler AC rebuild was a success. Big tint laws in SC but no one follows them. The 2015 Kia Soul, my ex now has, it came factory with windows tinted darker than our state allows.
  6. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Installed an AC compressor kit yesterday. Today I am going to vacuum down the system and charge it. I had a hell of a time finding the right O-rings. The kit didn't include the right ones for my Strangler. I hope the ones I bought and installed are the right ones. Everything went back together a...
  7. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Pain but not dash remove thankfully. Here's an Exploder video of it being done. Should be the same or very similar.
  8. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

S1 is always the upstream O2. S2 is always after the cats. Bank 1 is the side with number one cylinder, obviously bank 2 is opposite.
  9. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Rebuilt in the US with Chinesium parts.
  10. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I'm not sure what kit you bought, but every time I install anything from Hurst they get renamed Hurts, because of the injuries to my wallet and my body from the install. :giggle:
  11. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I got the E150 accidental buy running today. Runs great. I went through the manuals for the AC kit for the strangler to make sure I'm up on doing the install right. I didn't know the AC compressor needed to be set on it's pulley for a certain length of time to prevent the front seal from leaking...
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

@Rick W happy to help. Glad everything is coming together.
  13. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

@Rick W Isolators have diodes and power isn't supposed to back feed. Combiners can allow the flow of power both ways.
  14. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

@Rick W you may be onto something if you suspect one battery is bad. A smart combiner can usually prevent one battery from killing the other and help prevent one battery from over charging while charging. I prefer to use a disconnect switch and charge/trickle each battery separately.
  15. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

A battery combiner will prevent this. The trickle charger can only keep up with one battery at a time. You could also have some parasitic draw from some electronics or a module in the truck. With this, the second battery is auto disconnected until the engine battery is topped off. Then the...
  16. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I've ran into the same issue too. All that carnage may have flexed the soft line wrong and caused damage to it. Also, check your hard lines for pinches or crimps.
  17. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I don't remember reading it in your posts, but have you changed the rubber lines going to your calipers? They will swell over time from the corrosive brake fluid and restrict fluid flow which will cause low pressure in the caliper, passenger side if it pulls left. Left seems to be doing all the...
  18. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I quoted exactly what happened but in lil_Blue_Ford's words.
  19. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

She made it home today, the van I accidentally bought . Maybe a replacement for the Strangler. :unsure:
  20. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I have several larger caliber air guns and I have built a lot of 4.5/.177 and 22 air guns. I built a Crosman 1377 into a 22 cal carbine rifle that hit harder than a 22 magnum. That gun was scary and require 15-17 pumps to get that much velocity.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad