• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. alwaysFlOoReD

What’s for dinner tonite!

More canning… Grapefruit slices Orange juice Lemon syrup More work than its worth I think. Tho I did find my electric juicer, that helped speed it up. Its the peeling of the citrus that slows it way down. Not pictured is 8 x 500ml water bottles filled with orange juice and frozen.
  2. alwaysFlOoReD

2007 Red Trailer 4X8 Utility Trailer

The depth of each step is usually 1/8". Some I've used are up to 1/2". So the 1/8" has a 1/2" depth, then the next step has a 1/2", etc., up to the final 1/2" step. Unibits can go up to 1 1/2" diameter or more AFAIK, but each step is only 1/8". I used a step bit when drilling the rivet holes on...
  3. alwaysFlOoReD

Removing seam sealer....

What until its cold and then hammer it. Or use ice cubes. I'm trying to remember what I did in my race truck but its been too long. But I think it was cold outside...
  4. alwaysFlOoReD

Bad ride quality

The springs are 24 years old, they may be sagging. The shock may be too stiff as well, which would give a harsher ride.
  5. alwaysFlOoReD

Unibit for up to 3/8" depending on the bit. Usually I use those for under 1/8" as they give a round hole when drilling by hand rather than the tri-lobe I get with a regular bit. I haven't delved into it too much but there is definitely different ways of sharpening bits depending on what you're...
  6. alwaysFlOoReD

Just a heads up on drills and cutting. Its unclear in your post if you did this but using progressively bigger bits is wrong. That will wear out the bit way quicker and much more likely to chip the outside. Best is use a pilot drill that is the size of the chisel point of the big drill. Two...
  7. alwaysFlOoReD

DIY tube bender with hydraulics

Its something I may do to mine in the future.
  8. alwaysFlOoReD

For Sale Leer camper shell for sale - fits 97 Mazda B2300

That's a good price. Glws!
  9. alwaysFlOoReD

I'm calling it "Low-C"

Pic of fluid to fluid heat exchanger for transmision. I happened to pull apart a bunch of rads the other day. At least one of the 4 was a ranger rad. The others were various, from i4 to v8.
  10. alwaysFlOoReD

1988 4x4 ranger first pick-up project

The running engine in the truck is a 2.9? A 2.3 will need a transmission and motor mounts as well. They don't interchange between motors. Maybe a radiator or some playing with rad hoses too. I'd be inclined to stay with rebuilding a spare motor the same motor as in your truck, its the least work.
  11. alwaysFlOoReD

Another 1977 Pinto

So I decided to fix this hot idle compensator and stick it back in. When I went over my pics I saw that it was in a normally closed position. I bent the arm so that it was back to normally closed. There is a tiny adjustment screw underneath that can contact the bimetallic spring, I adjusted that...
  12. alwaysFlOoReD

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I have a set of 5.13 front and back. I'd be willing to sell you the front. Or both if you trade 4.88 rear plus cash. Not sure it would make sense with shipping. I'm in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada. I don't plan on using them for a rbv anymore, I'm putting the rear into my pinto.
  13. alwaysFlOoReD

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Have you looked for 5.13?
  14. alwaysFlOoReD

New tools you've bought recently?

SMRT... I'm smrt just lyke u... Lol
  15. alwaysFlOoReD

You spelled dyke wrong...
  16. alwaysFlOoReD

Cranks, no start

Pretty much any flammable liquid in a can will do. Just checking for spark ignition. And yes the modules can go bad too. Have you check for spark at the plug? Pulled plug and ground it, then turn over and watch for spark. Maybe turn engine over first then pull plug and see if its wet with gas....
  17. alwaysFlOoReD

Cranks, no start

Do the 50/50 test. Spray in starting fluid and see what happens. No fire and its electrical...
  18. alwaysFlOoReD

I have a clone of those I've used for decades. They work.
  19. alwaysFlOoReD

2.3L ('83-'97) Timing comprehension advanced knowledge

It runs backwards. Sorry, its too late for my thinking cap. So just smart ass answers, not smart ones.
  20. alwaysFlOoReD

Another 1977 Pinto

Put the carb together for my 1977 Pinto. Wasn't difficult but the choke system was a bit of a head scratcher. I think I got it tho. However, there was a piece on the back of the carb that I've never seen before. I decided to delete it as from what I could figure it would be a major vacuum leak...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad