Search results

1. mikkelstuff

2002 to 2004 front brake upgrade

I finally got around to starting a front brake upgrade by installing the larger diameter 2004 front brakes on my 2002 4WD Ranger. The steering knuckles have to be changed but I got a set some time back from a junker 2004 along with everything else I thought I'd need. My intent was to change out...
  2. mikkelstuff

console removal

Anyone know how to remove the console from my 2002 Ranger XLT?
  3. mikkelstuff

Front seat belt assemblies 2002 4-door Ranger

For sale: These are the passenger and driver seat belt assemblies from my 2002 Ranger XLT with the extended 4-door cab. They may fit other years and cab configurations. These seat belt assemblies need to be refurbished but could be used while you have yours rebuilt. The belts are fine but the...
  4. mikkelstuff

Spin-on gasoline fuel filter

Any one convert there Ranger for a spin-on gasoline fuel filter?
  5. mikkelstuff

Wire feed ?

I need to feed a pair of 18 AWG wires from the engine compartment into the cab of my 2002 Ranger XLT. This is for a switch (to a relay) to power an electric hoist in my truck bed. Is there a convenient place to feed these? Every passage through the firewall seems to be filled and sealed. It...
  6. mikkelstuff

accelerator pedal

I was reading about stretch in the accelerator cable and see how to fix that. Still, noting that the accelerator pedal is a one piece plastic affair, any chance these deform over time? It just seems to me that it takes more leg stretch to reach the accelerator than it used to. The brake pedal...
  7. mikkelstuff

maf removal tool

Following this website suggestions, I was going to clean the maf but find it installed with those miserable screws - torx with a center pin. Anyone know where I get a removal tool for those?
  8. mikkelstuff

2002 4-door front seat belt assembly removal

I need to have the front seat belt retractors and belts refurbished in my 2002 4-door Ranger XLT. These belts are mounted inside the rear doors behind the plastic door liners. Any idea as to how to remove these door liners without destroying them? Removal is not obvious to me.
  9. mikkelstuff

Chuck removal, Milwaukee 1/2" magnum drill

Just wondered if anyone has removed the chuck from a Milwaukee drill. I would like to remove the chuck from a Milwaukee 1/2" magnum hole-shooter. I've removed chucks from other brands which lock the chuck with a left-hand Phillips screw. This Milwaukee chuck is locked with a socket head screw...
  10. mikkelstuff

Emissions issues with 5.0L swap

I've been checking seriously about swapping a 5.0L into my 2002 4WD Ranger. This website tech article suggests using a 1998-2001 Explorer as a source. I just found out today that Colorado emissions mandates only newer technology in such swaps so clearly a 2001 Explorer is out. So now where to...
  11. mikkelstuff

Changing fuel injectors

Just wondering how hard it is to change out the fuel injectors on my 2002 Ranger 3.0L? I keep getting this engine warning light - miss on cylinder number 4 - a miss which I never feel. The electrics seem to be fine - clean spark plug, relatively new ignition wires, coil pack, and cam...
  12. mikkelstuff

DIY rear bumper

I needed to do something about the twisted rear bumper on the 2002 4WD XLT Supercab I inherited from my Dad. I looked into used bumpers but could never find one for a flare side pickup. I really did not like the $500 price for a new bumper besides the fact that I think they are largely cosmetic...
  13. mikkelstuff

WTB: 2004 or newer 4WD steering knuckles

WTB: 2004 or newer 4WD Ranger steering knuckles. I want to upgrade my 2002 4WD Ranger to the larger front disc brakes.
  14. mikkelstuff

Mustang Rear Disc Brake Conversion - a journal

For anyone wanting to try the Mustang rear disc brake conversion, I have written an extensive journal with photos documenting my experience with this project including the gottcha's. For anyone wanting an e-mail copy, just send me a PM.
  15. mikkelstuff

2002 4WD front brake upgrade ???

Will the Sport Trac 12-Inch Rotor Upgrade described in the How To Tech section work on my 2002 4WD Ranger? The section title indicates this is for 2WD Rangers.
  16. mikkelstuff

DIY rear bumper

I needed to do something about the twisted rear bumper on the 2002 4WD XLT Supercab I inherited from my Dad. I looked into used bumpers but could never find one for a flare side pickup. I really did not like the $500 price for a new bumper besides the fact that I think they are largely cosmetic...
  17. mikkelstuff

Intermittent check engine light

I've been getting an intermittent check engine light for the last 6 months with my 2002 Ranger XLT 3.0L (130,000 miles). The OBD analyzer indicates a miss in cylinder number 4 but, if so, I never notice it. The check engine light stays on for a week or so and then goes off. I have replaced the...
  18. mikkelstuff

Mustang rear disc brake conversion - at last

I finally completed the Mustang rear brake conversion on my 2002 Ranger 4WD XLT following the excellent guide on this web site: http://www.therangerstation.com/how-to/wheels_and_brakes/ford-ranger-bronco-ii-rear-disc-brake-conversion/ I went with 2002 Mustang GT vented rotors. What to me...
  19. mikkelstuff

what's wrong here ??? help !!!

Am doing the Mustang GT rear disc brake conversion on my 2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD and am alarmed. When centering the calipers to the discs I find that the discs are not running true when rotating the axles. I have bolted the discs to the axle hubs with all five lug bolts to be sure the disc is...
  20. mikkelstuff

Another question: mustang GT rear brakes

Will I need additional bolts, other than those supplied with my rear drum brakes, to bolt up the Mustang caliper brackets and calipers?