• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Josh, so I have both rotors on now. My problem is my Mustang rims are not seating. What wheel did you use on the Explorer rotor upgrade? The tolerance is close, my calipers show the Explorer OD 70.50mm and the Mustang ID at 70mm. Does anyone have an opinion on the shaving of the half a...
  2. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Success! Thanks guys!
  3. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

I think the parts counter guy gave me the wrong bearings. I ordered the set 5 last night. Thanks for your assistance!
  4. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

I ordered for a 97. I went ahead last night and ordered a set 5, should get here this morning. Thx!
  5. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

When I drop the bearing in to test where it lands, it rides on the black area in this picture (not shiny, raw unpolished metal), that's why I was asking if the race needs to be installed. I can see the outside bearing race is there ( I have the original bearing, washer, and nut). I am wondering...
  6. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

So I picked up the bearings and wheel seals and it appears that backside race isn't installed. Can someone look at this rotor and confirm please. This is my first time dealing with front wheel bearings. I suspect I should rent a race installation tool from the parts store. Thanks in advance!
  7. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

I ordered the full kit calipers and brackets, but when I opened the box, one of the inner packs had damage, opened it up and it looked like a returned item that someone didn't bother to check. It was missing a caliper bolt and the hardware pack. So I have to return it. But I do have one to get...
  8. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Hey Josh, yes, who is selling the adapters now?
  9. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Thanks guys! I think that has helped greatly. I was watching the T-Brad Fabrication video and got it in my head that the Sport trac bracket was used.
  10. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

TRS Forum member Josh T has an article on the site about upgrading the 95-97 Ranger spindles/knuckles for 2004 Ford 2wd Sport Trac 12-inch rotors. My problem is the 2004 Sport trac caliper brackets I ordered are wrong. When I enter it online I get pn 14-1002. Does anyone know the correct part...
  11. Torx bit size?

I ended up picking up a set of Torx Plus bits as none of the Allen keys fit right. Thanks everyone!
  12. Torx bit size?

Thank you all, I will try that today.
  13. Torx bit size?

It's like it's an in between size. My Torx bits are either too big or too small. I tried to do a Google search but didn't dee anything in a cursory scan, that's why I posted here as there are more knowledgeable folks on this site.
  14. Torx bit size?

I am disassembling the dash on my 1987 Ranger and I am removing the harnesses on the steering column (so I can remove the steering shaft to pull the cab off the frame), but I am not finding a torx bit size in my set to remove the main ignition harness, anyone know what gives?
  15. Exhaust ports 2.0 2.3

Are they the same configuration? I found this quote "2.0 is an underbored 2.3, with the exception of the bore the blocks are identical to all 2.3" Can I use a header from a 2.3 on my 2.0? Sorry, newbie question I'm sure, but I have to ask.
  16. 1986 ranger xl 2.8 part out oil city PA

So is mine. Thank you for answering. I might have to bite the bullet and get a repro. I am looking for other items too. I just got this 87 and have the big to fix it up
  17. Wanted 1987 block off plate.

The plate that blocks off where a mechanical fuel pump would mount on a 2.0L.
  18. 1986 ranger xl 2.8 part out oil city PA

Do you still have the dash pad?
  19. Bed bolt question

Thanks guys! Already used the Tannerite on an old console TV, so the others I will try.
  20. Bed bolt question

In trying to remove the T55 bed bolts, 2 clips have broken. I shot them from below with Bolt Buster and let the set for a while before attempting to remove. Any one have a solution for removal? Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad