• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gaz

What’s for dinner tonite!

Chester's Fried Chicken, potato salad with egg, French bread with sliced Roma tomatoes with lemon-drop Martini's.
  2. gaz

Hiccuping at 3000rpms

I had 2 thoughts: - ignition power - fuel pressure
  3. gaz

Performance 4.0 down on power?

@limit_explore I WOULD LEAVE THE BLOCK AS IS If you are measuring 0.023" clearance, that is a good thing. I recommend using the new pistons with the block as is. You are already going to be in the 11:0 arena with a race duty engine. It's nice to have the free horse power from the compression...
  4. gaz

Experiences Wanted - Bilstein vs James Duff

@Kenobi77 Duff 100%!! Nothing against Bilsteins, they make a great component but the won't control body roll. Using a pair of their 70/30 shocks on both front corners as a minimum will blow your mind; on all 4 corners, provides further improved suspension control. The quality is great but...
  5. gaz

Ranger Raptor Assault School

Renaming an Escape The Bronco Sport is PURE genius. I have very little respect for the Escape; they are a vehicle that does one thing well...pick up the kids from soccer practice. Translation, the new soccer-mom van.
  6. gaz

M50d-r1 short shift kit, core shifter

@superj Funny, your dash has a controller for an airbag, my passengers say that I am the airbag... perhaps I should install a button for the passenger to control the airbag.
  7. gaz

Wtf....coolant sensor?

There are a couple more components in that ignition system. Are you saying that the coolant sensor is bad?
  8. gaz

M50d-r1 short shift kit, core shifter

Score +1 for Holley customer service!! I always wanted a Hurst setup for the FM145 ..(
  9. gaz

Wtf....coolant sensor?

@rusty ol ranger Sounds like your are talking about 2 separate issues: 1) the 2.9l does not like to run when cold, mine never liked to run cold and I as much as practicsl, I avoided it. 2) HARD STARTING...now that is not a characteristic I expect to hear about a 2.9l; what I expect owners to say...
  10. gaz

1996 b4000 coolant/temp issues?

I don't recall the 4.0 having fuel rail studs?
  11. gaz

96 Ranger xl

I like the black grill ..) - The dome light, check the bulb and the fuse to the circuit. - A/C, when mine started not being icy cold, I took it to be recharged, that lasted another 5-6 years. After that I lived in a less hostile environment, so I removed the belt and enjoyed greater fuel...
  12. gaz

SOLD! NiB 2.8l pistons/rings, Clevite $160

Hi guys (mods), I do not know how to update my listing title to reflect that they are SOLD 😭
  13. gaz

What’s for dinner tonite!

The DOMINO'S pizza is 50% all online menu price pizzas. I only buy Domino's during these specials; I always get the large Extravaganza +garlic...OK, I buy 2 🙄
  14. gaz

An engine oil cooler works with either a hi volume or stock replacement Mellings oil pumps; I have used them under both conditions.
  15. gaz

Injector problems again

I think that your fuel rail is simply rejecting the Eddie Lawson green valve covers. 🧐
  16. gaz

With those flat tops and fast burn heads, I'm using: • exhaust heat jackets on the headers and H-pipe • 2 heat ranges lower plugs • 15" electric fan • engine oil cooler with remote filter • all synthetic fluids • 2 core Explorer automatic radiator • rear of hood raised ½" I agree with you...
  17. gaz

It only just occurred to me, who's timing set did you install? May be worth one more manufacturer phone call; a new set should only align at zero.
  18. gaz

I am curious what your goal(s) are with this build ..)
  19. gaz

@limit_explore It is possible that the cam has timing built into the grind, my custom 4.0l cam will have 4° of advance in the grind; perhaps a call to the manufacturer is in order...A WHOLE TOOTH is definitely too much!! The larger injector could be passing too much fuel, running a rich can...
  20. gaz

@limit_explore BAD TIMING👀 Off by a whole tooth, holly crap...you may have dodged the mother load bullet; with those small dish pistons/fast burn heads those valves are close; if you didn't damage anything, you dodged a heck of a bullet ..) BOTH TRANSMISSIONS I've used that 2.9 with both an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad