• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

I recorded the Indy 500 (I hate watching commercials). On a break from working outside, I realized it was running four hours late. So I set up to record everything for the four or five hours after the scheduled time on that channel. Somehow I managed to cut out the last 40 laps of the race...
  2. Rick W

The Road Ranger. 1997 SEMI

Started to get it ready for the Carlisle Nationals. Starting where I left off, pull and place and seal on the cab over lights fixed the roof leak, apparently. Carpets are dry. I keep taking long breaks in the middle of what I’m doing, and I’m old and feeble, so then I don’t remember exactly...
  3. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

OK, I rest my case. Look what they found up there! It looks like a f’n raccoon.!
  4. Rick W

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

After being a bum most of the day, the weather cleared up about two and it actually became a beautiful afternoon and evening. So I started the prep to bring the Road Ranger to the Carlisle Nationals in ernest. I was feeling pretty lazy, but I had already been thinking to start at the nose and...
  5. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

I know it’s no fun, and I shouldn’t make fun of it. Sincerely, I hope everything “comes out” OK after all this….
  6. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Lincoln took me outside with his purple rabbit (w/yellow belly) to see how much of the yard has been mowed. Was very clear that I had to cut it all back to his fence. But no cutting yet today, memorial weekend fever. This is pretty much it so far for today.
  7. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

I’m very comfortable with that level of detail. I don’t need to know any more…
  8. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

You can hold your video too…
  9. Rick W

Florida Weather

Amen. I was not here, but my wife neighbors and friends said the “railroad roar” was less than a minute, and the actual damage took no longer than a traffic accident. When my wife called me and said the house was destroyed, in my mind, I was like “my buddy and I’ll get a couple chainsaws and...
  10. Rick W

Florida Weather

From on line: METEOROLOGIST JEFF HABY “There are several terms that mean the same as straight-line winds and they are convective wind gusts, outflow and downbursts. Straight-line wind is wind that comes out of a thunderstorm. If these winds meet or exceed 58 miles per hours then the storm is...
  11. Rick W

Carrollton is about 30 miles west of Atlanta
  12. Rick W

Florida Weather

That reminds me we were actually hit by straight line wind. The main tornado went through about 10 houses down (and a quarter mile wide). When you looked at the damage we had, it was like a giant golf divot and the lob Lolly pines were the blades of grass. You could see where the pines were...
  13. Rick W

Florida Weather

I got hit in the “Dunwoody” tornado in 1998. It started in Texas and skipped like a stone across a lake all the way to South Carolina. Very unusual that we had a tornado where I live. On the dark side, that was 25+ years ago, and you never really fully recover. The insurance companies, all of...
  14. Rick W

New tools you've bought recently?

That’s probably too big for his needs
  15. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

The plastic cuts very easily on a table saw, with a circular saw, Sabre saw, you just use a high tooth count plywood blade or such and don’t get greedy. If you do use the wood, after you cut your pieces to size, pry apart all the cross pieces and put in a dime shape dab of weatherproof...
  16. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Yeah, keep telling yourself that…. Personally, I hate plastic lattice, but I hate real lattice even more. It always looks great when you put it up, but the real lattice just comes apart too quickly, too often, and in too many ways. I bet you that would be even worse with a couple giant dogs and...
  17. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Ran some errands, and then I voted on the way home. Pitiful choices.
  18. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

It’s OK with us if you keep that video to yourself…
  19. Rick W

Thank you and @ben_2_go and all the others who have chimed in. I ordered this jewel yesterday. It’s a 12v 140amp isolator. It’s been a real education in just a few days. The one outstanding difference between what I’m doing and perhaps what an Overlander does: The Overlander use is kind...
  20. Rick W

The ‘RAITH Party Cart….

Don’t be too sure about that But I’m thinking “banners,” not wrap…

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad