• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

What pull was this?
  2. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Can't argue with experience! Thanks for your input
  3. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

It will have some play with the size o-ring I intend to use. Seemed awfully heavy hanging off the all aluminum rear housing of the ZF.
  4. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Rough mock up of 4406 support (2 pieces welded together). Thinking between frame rail and bracket I’ll get thick o rings to go on the bolts and act as bushings. What’s your 2 cents?
  5. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

free shipping on this one
  6. 1984RESTOMOD

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Set my bed. Using a 3” body lift to clear my trans resulting in fuel filler neck being short of the gas door by 2”. Any solutions for this? I can make a drop flange if need be
  7. 1984RESTOMOD

4DS5 to 4X4-Tranny

I have a TK5 (came behind 2.8L) and FM145/6 (fairly certain it's a 146 but I'd have to check to verify) to part with. Both have 1350 t-cases on them.
  8. 1984RESTOMOD

Fabbed and painted my front cab mounts. Fuel filler neck shows up today and I’ve got the bed on standby to be set soon after filler neck is installed. Just need to get a case of beer and a few buddy’s to help set it in place. Aiming to be driving test trials by Labor Day.
  9. 1984RESTOMOD

302 harness

Thank you for verifying. I'll be using my original column - also the uncle tony video was helpful. His take on universal kits was it increases your potential failure points being that you wire into OE plugs. I will try to salvage all I can from OE harness. If not applicable the LMC kit will be...
  10. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Based on this article it seems the TOD electromagnetic clutch is an AWD function activated by push button or switch labeled (4WD AUTO) and can be bypassed by simply shifting the shift fork. It acts similarly to a limited slip diff, transferring power when traction is lost by the front or rear.
  11. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Maybe this Torque on demand More info here Seems to be a lot more info regarding 4406 on the explorer forum so I made a post: My post on explorer forum
  12. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

The one on the case is the mechanical variation thats my understanding - info during my research was sparse. Maybe someone on here has more info
  13. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Welded the piece back in that I cut out initially for the BW1356 - considering using the 2 holes on the frame and studs on the Tcase to make a drop bracket to support the added weight of BW4406 being that the ZF5 tail is aluminum. Much more comfortable with front driveshaft angle now as well
  14. 1984RESTOMOD

302 harness

I am novice so bear w me - could you define custom column setup please?
  15. 1984RESTOMOD

Good shit I’ll keep that n mind
  16. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

The wires are part of the electric shift assembly if yours is equipped w that. It would have been bundled into the motor harness. I snipped the plug to get the housing off As for your second question… angle, location and diameter of Speedo hole
  17. 1984RESTOMOD

I broke this thing down to the very last bolt before sandblast. Could not imagine the mess FF would have me in if I did that alone. In regards to time, yes it would have saved me tremendous time since I hand painted 2 coats on every piece of chassis bracketry and suspension. Live and learn!
  18. 1984RESTOMOD

302 harness

I still have my factory 2.8 harness and fuse box
  19. 1984RESTOMOD

You sold me. Great info guys - thanks!
  20. 1984RESTOMOD

Thank you! 3 coats of por15 (1 being the UV top coat) - still considering undercoating the whole truck with fluid film in the final assembly but weary of the tacky consistency since it doesn't set up or harden. Anybody have experience with fluid film?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad