• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3L Duratec rear axle ratio change...

With an auto you can get away with taller gears but I think you should be fine. The newer 4R44 trans with the duratec is more efficient than the older A4LD and any of the older engines... I imagine you'll be in the mid 20's for mileage
  2. scotts90ranger

What did YOU do today?

burnt the pile of brush this morning, took right off then stood by the cherry trees trying to control the avian population that is attacking the trees... there's like 20 of them but I've gotten like 6 of them so far today... in the middle of the day I went to a graduation party... when I got...
  3. scotts90ranger

Foam-filled tires?

I love my old Craftsman GT, it's a beast and parts are simple... the 3 speed high/low transmission is fantastic... sure stuff gives up but it's from like '94 so I don't blame the thing :) For tubed stuff I've been tempted to just fill with water in my location... for the small tubes you get...
  4. scotts90ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Over the last 11 years I've fought with batteries on my '97 F350 like yours, it's not driven all the time and over a month or two it would be to the point I'd have to charge it or jump it which isn't fun with the glow plug relay... turns out when there's mixmatched batteries they'll fight...
  5. scotts90ranger

What did YOU do today?

As stated above, fixed the mower earlier then broke the tractor, then fixed the tractor then mowed with the tractor, then mowed with the mower :). My boat showed up today, smaller than expected but that's fine, should be good enough... charged up the batteries and will test it out tomorrow...
  6. scotts90ranger

My '90 Ranger project

This is the current project and about where it sits since the end of last month working on making new radius arms and transmission crossmember. The weather turned and I switched to trying to tame the lawn some but over the next week I might make some progress hopefully at least next weekend...
  7. scotts90ranger

What did YOU do today?

Fair enough and good call, apparently what the boat guys do is put a tennis ball on a fishing pole and cast that to try to hook the boat... my plan is to use it in my small pond (like 30' by 50') and take with at the lake where I'd have my boat out... So far I've fixed the mower, I decided to...
  8. scotts90ranger

What did YOU do today?

When I got home I made a drink then grabbed the riding mower with trailer to take the stacked up blackberries to the burn pile, then decided to mow some more since it was getting scraggly again... stopped after like an hour to make another drink then started again, got another couple rounds in...
  9. scotts90ranger

I think I have an R/C addiction...

All this RC talk I talked myself into an RC jet boat off of Amazon today... $62 (had a 10% coupon) didn't seem too bad, only 5 reviews but I'll have it tomorrow and there's still water in my pond so we'll see this weekend :). My rustler still has the paddles on it, haven't ran it since I was on...
  10. scotts90ranger

What did YOU do today?

Years ago I took out a starling at 50 yards or so in a tree in the back yard with a pellet gun and as soon as it hit the ground I heard a shriek and a red tailed hawk grabbed it as soon as it, was pretty awesome... Last year about cherry time the birds were wreaking havoc on the trees so I'd...
  11. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 97 ranger 2.3 xlt

How many miles? How are you doing the compression test? Some people will crank a certain number of pulses and others go until it stops increasing, there's logic behind both but it would be helpful to know what you are doing. Low compression on 3 cylinders is either worn valves or rings or just...
  12. scotts90ranger

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5L N02 Sensor

That unplugging and touching one to the other thing works for some parts of the system, you'll definitely lose your radio presets but trouble codes and fuel trims are stored, that only worked on '94 and older engines. But like you said, doesn't hurt to try... Some scanners will do pretty much...
  13. scotts90ranger

Carb for a small Onan generator

It was even the old slow stuff, said right on it safe for most fuel and solvents so I figure as much...
  14. scotts90ranger

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5L N02 Sensor

Unplugging the battery won't do anything, they have hard memory, the only way to clear the fuel trim on the OBD II stuff is with an OBD II tool... I don't remember if my cheap $12 blue thing will do it with the free Torque Lite app... I'd see how it does on the next tank just for good measure...
  15. scotts90ranger

Met a guy from the NW facebook group that is working on extended radius arms and sold him my take off's for cheap since I'm doing the same thing so now those won't be in my way :) Then got gas and the '97 showed 25mpg for that tank, last was like 23.4 so it's not doing too bad.
  16. scotts90ranger

Carb for a small Onan generator

As an update to this as he just got the carb on the other day. First try the needle apparently leaked and it was leaking gas out the throat but he ran it again last night and it did run, sounds like it had issues getting up to speed but that could be the needle setting. So far the JB weld in the...
  17. scotts90ranger

Diff swap or rebuild?

Just a note, I'm not saying this because I think you can't or shouldn't, and I for sure understand the want to be able to do everything yourself, I haven't farmed anything out but windshields and tire balancing for many years (conveniently I do have a friend that does transmissions for a living...
  18. scotts90ranger

Situations like that are one reason I like the more "adult" airguns... I have a couple that will take out racoon or so without issue and you only hear the impact... a .22 or .25 pellet at 800-900fps is fairly respectable when you have 8-12 shots as fast as you can cycle the bolt and more air in...
  19. scotts90ranger

Diff swap or rebuild?

I would replace the whole axle, way cheaper, sure it's unknown but setting up gears isn't for everyone... Finding a '93-09 rear axle with 3.73's shouldn't be all that hard.
  20. scotts90ranger

Auto to manual 4.0 swap

On the 4.0L the HD and normal are the same other than the case I think, the bellhousing area is a bit different on the HD but I don't pay attention much to 4.0L stuff... all 4.0L M5OD's got taller ratios in first through 3rd gear... I'm not sure on the computer part, you'll get a code or two...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad