• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jballard81

Jballard81's 1994 super cab 4.0 4x4 Restore

I have a buddy with a 12 ton hydraulic press, I might give that a try. Gave it some heat and WD-40 cycles today with no luck. Got a new vise though! Wish I had time to find an older quality vintage view but is what it is.
  2. jballard81

As always, thank you! I'm going to get more propane tomorrow and hit it hard. That yoke is on my last nerve though. I'm going to try a Dremel to work through the last of the bearing race. I'm already looking up replacements on eBay though. Maybe I'll have a bit of good luck
  3. jballard81

Traced my shudder to my drive line. Driveshaft support bearing is totally shot. So since I have the ds out, figure I should get the ujoints done. Was easier cutting out the ujoint on the flange side of the smaller part of the ds. Not a super easy job and all but broke the loaner ball joint...
  4. jballard81

2 piece Dana 35 ujoint and ds support bearing sanity check

After an embarrassingly long amount of time reading and rereading the service manual, I'm pretty sure I found the correct replacement ujoints and driveshaft support bearing, but would appreciate confirmation before i place my order. going on a 94 ranger 4x4, 8.8 rear axle. so the driveshaft...
  5. jballard81

94 4x4 D35 ball joint recommendations

Apparently a few years ago, all you needed to look for was the zinc anodized body and a blue dust boot to recognize a quality ball joint.. Scrolling through the options on RockAuto just about every other ball joint has a zinc body and blue dust cover. doesn't matter if it's 4$ or $40, guess...
  6. jballard81

this will be my first time doing them, so i am going to keep doing research and will let you know what i find. thanks for the suggestion rumblecloud!
  7. jballard81

I promise i searched! found a thread from 2013 that recommended Raybestos pro ball joints, but it looks like Moog has bought up that line as well and quality has become questionable. I believe in my research the other suggestions (spicer, napa pro) were all made by the same group (Affinia)...
  8. jballard81

ECU/PCM is back in the truck. Starts up with no issues. need to take it for a drive later to see how it goes. I'm starting to wonder if I misdiagnosed my vibration/shudder issue as related to the transmission. Truck seems to have plenty of wobble/shudder even in park when rpms are 1k or so. I...
  9. jballard81

I work on game systems sometimes, but i don't have the hot air stuff and i'm too impatient/bad at soldering to try and remove surface mount stuff with just an iron.
  10. jballard81

After reading about capacitor leaking on the ECU/PCM for these i thought i would change priorities and get the capacitors swapped out on mine. I was definitely VERY late to the party here. probably by 5-10 years... Significant leakage. All three of the caps had rotted off the positive leg...
  11. jballard81

I 'fixed' mine for now. Will need to check the yards and make a decision on Frankensteining a kit from after market parts. Kind of looks bad there, but that's 3 layers of aluminum tape pushed down over each broken ridge and then smoothed out so that the tape has as good of a chance at...
  12. jballard81

Changed out my turn signal relay and serpentine belt today. While putting my air intake back into place I noticed something a little strange Of course replacements for the 4.0 are unobtainium. Washed mine off with degreaser and it's drying in the sun now. Will hit it with the HVAC aluminum...
  13. jballard81

Wet headliner, but at least my wipers worked!

I made a gasket for my cargo light. Today I went through a rain storm. It was NOT the problem :icon_rofl: So I need to replace the butyl tape on the rear window. 🤬 Looks like I'm going to be pulling the interior again. Though I'm looking for a replacement for the whole b-pillar trim I broke...
  14. jballard81

Cluster illumination trouble shooting help

It was the fuse for the park lights. Just finished getting everything back together. The newly acquired key in switch sensor works! Both door jamb switches work and the courtesy light works as it should. I think that's the end of my lighting gremlins (hopefully!) Now onto dealing with the...
  15. jballard81

Cigar lighter - Hot at all times, can that be changed?

Finally got around to doing this today since I had my dash all torn apart. Thank you for the step by step directions! Went smoothly.
  16. jballard81

I measured ohms across the dimmer circuit and it performed as expected. I tested the cluster with the knob fully clockwise as well as turning it all the way back down to the dome light detent. no difference i popped the fuse for the park lights somehow. i replaced that 15A and park lights are...
  17. jballard81

-doesn't matter if the cluster was pulled out or pushed back into place, no lights either way :(. -i thought for sure it was one of the terminals as well. so i carefully pried all of them up a little. no lights -inspection of the connectors at the terminals seems ok, no obvious breaks in the...
  18. jballard81

94 ranger, dash wasn't lighting up on the tach side. so pulled it apart and replaced the 194 bulbs. I initially replaced them with LEDs, which was a bad idea. but plugged it in, and turned the lights on and all of them flashed on then turned back off. So it was at least working at that point...
  19. jballard81

dug into it some more and found that this 'should' be the equivalent fob: https://www.amazon.com/Code-Alarm-CRCX3-Replacement-Transmitter/dp/B0074JYVXW the previous owner gave me a 4 button fob, which after googling it's FCCID (CWTWB1U331), was meant for a 315hz system not a 314hz system like...
  20. jballard81

If this little slip of paper i found is to be believed, the FCC ID is: GOH-052-RMTPL FCC Link PAT# 5,049,867 has what i assume is a date of 8/92 on it as well. Google Fu is strong today. found some interesting stuff from a Subaru guy: https://www.randomsoup.com/subie/huggyalarm.html Here's the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad