• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Roadings

Bed is off truck, what should I do?

Now is definitely the time to do full inspection/maintenance to the fuel tank hoses, tubing, wiring, and tank straps. Might be a good idea to replace the in tank fuel pump they always seem to go out with a full tank. I personally would remove and clean up and anti seize any hardware that is...
  2. Roadings

‘90 2.9L manual/manual wiring question

On ‘90 2.9L manual/manual trans and transfer case am I correct in thinking the speed is taken from a sensor on the transfer case and the 4wd & 4low switches provide ground to the dash indicators. Does the PCM utilize that 4wd/4low signal in any way or is it strictly for indication?
  3. Roadings

High in ambitions, low in Ranger Knowledge

I have the two filler doors, and the tire mount bracket. Did Ford change the bed at all when they updated the front end for the ‘90? I know on the F150 they changed the wheel openings when they updated the front end.
  4. Roadings

‘90 Supercab 2.9 2wd bad FM146 swapping to M50D-R1HD

The S10 was a 98 4cyl 5spd man 2wd supercab. While I was on one of my many deployments a rat chewed up the main harness pretty damn bad. Chevy in its infinite wisdom did away with the firewall plug and made the harness all one piece with a separate engine harness. As it was a transition year...
  5. Roadings

The wife wanted it all factory so that’s what i did. I hated that damn truck. Too much electronic crap that had to “talk” to the computer and if the internal VIN didn’t match or the computer didn’t know to look for that particular module it didn’t talk.
  6. Roadings

Dual gas tank ranger?

Yes the tank can be welded or better yet brazed, but it must be purged to do so. Wash the tank out with soap and water, let it dry in the sun, purge with argon or nitrogen and braze a patch. When you heat the metal it will begin to seep fuel vapors out of the metal. Some people weld them full...
  7. Roadings

I hope to have it all up and running by next summer. I have an Isuzu Rodeo M266(?) axle to put in the back. It’s the metric D44 with thick ring gear disk breaks and limited slip from the factory currently geared 4.30:1. The axle is 63” WMS-WMS so will be going much wider but not FS width.
  8. Roadings

As the truck is in AR and I’m currently in VA I can’t go out and measure, bed length but didn’t the super cabs only come with shortbed? If so there may have been a frame lengthen that occurred at one point and time by PPO. I say PPO (previous previous owner) because my grandfather bought the...
  9. Roadings

As the title states ‘90 Supercab 2.9 2wd bad FM146 swapping to M50D-R1HD. Here is the the meat of the subject, I will eventually be doing an SAS conversion as not a fan of 2wd and since I have to replace the transmission already now is the time to get the 4wd trans and transfer case. I want to...
  10. Roadings

Morning everyone. Little background on me. I retired from the navy back in Jan of ‘01. While serving I was a Machinist Mate (ship’s mechanic and miracle worker). Prior to the navy I was a union pipe fitter. Post military my life has been made up of dealing with the VA and trying to move my...
  11. Roadings

BlackBII's white ranger

Big yikes on that weld. Makes you want to question every other weld

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad