• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DAZED N CONFUSED

Once you get it running couple quick checks you could do: Check your fuel pump pressure and check for a plugged exhaust, should be less than 2 psi back pressure at 3000 rpm in park. Only suggest this your symptoms bucking under load and going up hill
  2. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

My truck has air being introduced into right valve cover off intake air manifold. Pcv valve on right side manifold on my truck and pcv tubing routing back to intake air manifold for reburning of any crankcase vapours. sure you would have similar set up.
  3. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

@fij I think we are both saying the same thing only differently, lol Remove pcv valve and block off that hole. cover opposite valve cover hole at same time. Remove oil dipstick and put vacuum gauge rubber hose over top of dipstick tube and take a reading with engine idling. You should not see...
  4. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

I know you said pending code, has it set a code yet? have you happened to look at your fuel trims at idle and say 2500 rpm? Thanks
  5. 2002 3.0 ranger timing issue i think?

First thing I would do, as Uncle Gump said check for codes. You did not say anything about check engine light, I assume it was never on. Your description sounds like an upstream O2 sensor stuck lean, the computer would be commanding more fuel for that bank , but that should trigger check engine...
  6. High Negative Long Term Fuel Trims - 00 Ranger 3.0L

Long term 25% on both banks. Is this while truck is at idle?
  7. Truck surges at startup when cold

I am talking about the temp sensor itself, not the thermostat. I am not clear on your answer, does the truck seem to take a long time to warm up?
  8. Truck surges at startup when cold

It sounds like it is temperature related. You say your mechanic said your thermostat is fine. Does your truck take a long time to warm up? A coolant temp sensor is a thermistor. One starting to fail can cause some some weird stuff.
  9. Intermittent Hesitation/Stalling and lack of power

The 2008 ranger I checked for my friend early spring this year, after drive the total fuel trims for each bank were: Bank 1 was negative 3.2 and Bank 2 was positive 13.3 The problem for his truck was partial blockage on Bank 1.
  10. Intermittent Hesitation/Stalling and lack of power

Take truck for a drive at steady throttle. Set up your scanner to read Long term and Short Term fuel trims on both banks, these data pids only. If your scanner can record this , do so even better. After the drive, check the total fuel trim on each bank. If one bank is running rich, ie negative...
  11. Intermittent Hesitation/Stalling and lack of power

I think you have a catalytic converter problem with Bank 1. See my scenario dated March 1 2023. Titled Long term Fuel trims at idle. Fuel trims will be negative on restricted bank and positive on the bank that is not restricted. just food for thought, and I would still do a pressure test on...
  12. Intermittent Hesitation/Stalling and lack of power

personally, I would check for a plugged or partially restricted exhaust. A stuck open EGR valve on a Maf engine would cause you a lean condition. have you checked your long term fuel trims? I am not sure what you mean when say the tach flickers.
  13. '94 3.0 Auto cold weather misfire

It sounds like a cold engine only issue. I would check my engine coolant temp sensor and associated wiring to make sure sensor is operating properly.
  14. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

My DPFE sensor voltage is .99 volts KOEO. Check your DPFE sensor voltage key on engine off. It should be greater than .5 volts. If it is considerably less than .5 volts, you probably have a bad dpfe sensor, or a wiring problem. I would check 5 volt reference and sensor ground also.
  15. Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 drops to 0 at idle, or foot off gas pedal.

If anyone is interested, this vehicle would have been too expensive to have rust repairs carried out, would have been more than vehicle value. He did donate it to automotive training campus , were automotive instructor and students used this as training. The instructor did call him and inform...
  16. Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 drops to 0 at idle, or foot off gas pedal.

@franklin2, great article Thank you for sharing. This is a friends Ranger, he asked me to scan it for him. Long terms Bank 1 and Bank 2 seem to be within specs when driving the vehicle. It is just if you take foot off the gas pedal, or are sitting at idle . Long term Fuel Trim bank 1 drops to...
  17. Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 drops to 0 at idle, or foot off gas pedal.

Idle Readings: LTFT1 - negative .8, LTFT2 is 10.9, STFT1 negative .8, STFT2 negative .8 When you push down on the gas pedal driving LTFT1-6.3% LTFT2 is 8.6% STFT1 is 3.1% STFT2 is 4.7% When you let off on gas pedal or sitting with truck in park idling , the Long Term...
  18. Locked 3.0

Justins87 just curious how many miles on your engine when this happened?
  19. Injectors powered by Fuel Pump Relay

Absolutely correct RonD.
  20. Misfire V6 3.0 Ranger Running bad rough after engine washed cleaned!

My 2007 has the Type 2 coil pack, 3.0 L also. Check your coil pack closely. These coil packs are prone to heat cracking. I had to remove mine and totally clean it up. the crack was right in the one coil pack itself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad