• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front Bumper Crooked?

Finally got around to doing this, thanks! I was able to just loosen the 4 bolts that bolt the bumper support to the frame, and then I used 2 bar clamps from the support the upper part of the grille. This held the bumper completely flat and as close as it would get to the grille. This has...
  2. Front Bumper Crooked?

Wow! That’s great news. Where could I find a diagram of how the bumper is mounted? I am having trouble finding the bracket a need to adjust within the engine bay.
  3. 2V 4.6 into a 2010 2wd Ranger

Although it has been done, there are really a lot better options. The 4.6 is absolutely huge when compared to the more common V8s thrown into a ranger, like the 302, and 5.3/6.0 LS truck motors. Just take a look at this 4.6 next to a 302. So what does this mean? A lot more fitment issues, and a...
  4. What's your truck's name?

Nothing official but ill occasionally call it Rick, or wigglestick rick because its a 5spd
  5. Front Bumper Crooked?

Interesting… Wouldnt that make the body too close to the bumper though, and not like mine where the bumper is too far from the body?
  6. Front Bumper Crooked?

Hello all, I have an '07 Ranger Sport and recently I noticed that it has a sort of... crooked? misaligned? sagging? bumper. It is almost like its trying to do this emoji: :confused: It has been like that since I got the car, and I can't really pinpoint why. The front bumper looks to be attached...
  7. 3.0 Cylinder 4 Slight Miss / Rough Idle Diagnosis

Wow, thanks for all the info! Okay, I will do a compression test just to rule that out (hopefully). The tick has been there since before I replaced the plugs and wires, so I dont think its a loose plug/wire. But I guess its possible it was loose before and when I installed the new ones I...
  8. 3.0 Cylinder 4 Slight Miss / Rough Idle Diagnosis

Thanks for the helpful tip! I believe I actually do have some injector cleaner already I could put in on the next fill up, hopefully thats it. How would I diagnose something like this? It only happens at idle in a closed loop situation after the engine is both warm and idling for a while… is...
  9. 3.0 Cylinder 4 Slight Miss / Rough Idle Diagnosis

Thank you for the advice! When I did pull the cylinder 4 plug to replace all the plugs it didnt seem any blacker than the others, but was rusted and the electrode seemed to be in bad shape. As for the lifters, that would just be causing a tick right, not a miss? Also, I have pulled the codes...
  10. Happy Thanksgiving 2023 Everyone =) i have a question

My apologies, I meant next gen of ranger, as in the 98+ (third gen) which afaik had a complete redo of both exterior and interior (as well as the obvious SOHC option), which would make this "new" engine tech seem fitting, if it wasn't so poorly executed. Yes! You are referencing the 7.3, right...
  11. Happy Thanksgiving 2023 Everyone =) i have a question

Yes, yes it was. However.... It stopped going into the explorers in '01 I believe, and therefore was obsolete during this time period, and was replaced by the modular 4.6, drawing me back to my point that Ford would not decide to simply bring a motor back out of its production run to drop into...
  12. Happy Thanksgiving 2023 Everyone =) i have a question

Ha! True. But as you said they neither knew that nor would have had the idea to replace the troublesome platform with a V8 of the past, that wasn’t in use at the time
  13. 3.0 Cylinder 4 Slight Miss / Rough Idle Diagnosis

Hello all, I had a few quick questions for those more experienced with this 3.0L motor. I just bought the truck with around 120k miles on it, and it had a little issue. If given enough time, I am talking like 10-15 minutes of idling, to the point where it was warm, it would to start to sputter...
  14. Happy Thanksgiving 2023 Everyone =) i have a question

No, as cool as it would have been, it wasn't the right move. The 4.0 SOHC was just starting to be added into rangers, and therefore they had no justification to randomly throw in a pushrod mustang or even explorer motor, especially when it only yielded 8 more horsepower and 50 lb-ft more of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad