• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9l Rod knock

Perfect, I will give that a try tomorrow. That's about what I paid for the truck so I think a 4.0 swap or a donor truck might be the answer if it's going to be that much. Thanks and if you have any more questions or options feel free to let me know. Lars
  2. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9l Rod knock

Hey Ron, Thanks for the thorough advice and I just went to pull the plugs like you suggested. It seems like when I pulled cylinder 5 the knock decreased but was still faintly there. It also seemed to go away slightly when I pulled cylinder 1 but not as much. Would there be a way to check for the...
  3. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9l Rod knock

Not positive, but it’s coming from down by the oil pan and sounds a little louder than a sewing machine or taps I’ve heard before so I wasn’t thinking lifter
  4. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9l Rod knock

Hey there, thanks for the quick response, the fuel pressure is good and the filters and pump have been replaced recently. I was looking into a 4.0 swap but thought it might be too much to handle. My engine work resume consists of top end rebuilds and that’s it. How much more do you think a 4.0...
  5. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.9l Rod knock

Hey there, I recently purchased a 1986 Ranger with the 2.9l in it. It has around 195,000 miles and the body is in great shape but it did not run great. I put in a new IAC, TPS, plugs, wires, injectors, and distributor cap and was still getting intermittent misfires at idle and full banks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad