Search results

1. 1991fordranger1

1973 courier/ ranger build

This is the courier I'm starting with 1973 manual 2wd. Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  2. 1991fordranger1

1973 courier/ ranger build

Well i know it's not a ranger but Its got a lot of ranger parts going into it left over from my 1991 that I converted to diesel. I'm starting out with a 1973 ford courier but I'm salvaging from my ranger my fm145 transmission and borgwarn manual transfer case. My 63/64" springs my explorer...
  3. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

Well the 84 is out I could register it but never technically own the truck but since that I have been searching found and purchased minus pick up (tomorrow night) and rest of cash a vehicle I not sure if I'll be allowed to do a write up on here as it's not exactly a ranger 1973 ford courier...
  4. 1991fordranger1

1991 ranger/mercedes diesel beef up

So I only had time to get the first bracket bent up and not even welded up yet but looks like it's gonna work. It's gonna have a 1.5" drop I'm gonna run the factory shackle from the chevy and see how it fits and runs and what height can always ad a small block for more height or bigger shackle...
  5. 1991fordranger1

Just my bumper ready for powder coat will Also work to help brace up the rear end around the rear suspension as well
  6. 1991fordranger1

Hello, Last fall I took on the challenge of mating a mercedes om617 diesel to a fm145 five speed 4x4. Now after close on 20,000kms (yes canadian) I have decided I wanna beef up the suspension for the weight of the engine and for driving it as a dd but want something tht I won't be afraid of...
  7. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

So put the 28.9 tires on it's got a lot more pull thru the first gears haven't hit the highway yet but in town it's a lot better. I know the tires are for the good of the truck but I don't like the look the 31s make it look a lot beefier need to do something to make the truck look better
  8. 1991fordranger1

8.8 in Manitoba

Hi I'm from south westren Manitoba I'm looking for a rear axle with 8.8 ring and 3.73 gears preferably from a 98 to 09 ranger but will take an explorer if there is one out there Thanks
  9. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

Have the motor sitting in the truck where I want it. Have to get creative with the radiator to make it fit. Still need to finish up the motor mounts so everything is solid. Tons of little things to do.
  10. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

Have it all bolted together ready to drop in the truck hopefully this Saturday. Replaced the crank seals and valve cover gasket still can't believe how clean and new the motor looked on the inside. I'll try to get pictures as I'm setting thie motor in and the process should of taken picturs of...
  11. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

little bit of progress hopefully tomorrow night will look like I've done more. I machined new alignment pins for the factory adapter plate on the Mercedes so I can find my actual level so I can mark out the bolt holes correctly. I drilled the bolt circle off the gear box tonight everything fit...
  12. 1991fordranger1

Benz om617

Sorry I posted them all separately but that's the only way it lets me.... It's all machined to length and ready to be drilled for the bolt patterns hope to get that done in the evenings of this next week.