• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tw205

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Did some repair work to the front light, fender and bumper from hitting that impatient driver Friday night. Pushed the bumper back about 3" causing a tire rub on left turns. Cut off 3", no more rub. The shattered light assembly was a bit more work. The fiberglass was not repairable so I took...
  2. tw205

I have one around here somewhere. I reckon it's time I dig it out and put it in the truck.
  3. tw205

No shifts

Did you replace the trans? Does the clutch feel normal? Does it start in gear with the clutch in and not move the truck??
  4. tw205

Swirved and slid, but despite my efforts, tagged some impatient twit in her soccer mom suv who couldn't wait and turned in front of me. I creamed the left rear corner of her disposable POS. My beater with a heater broke a parking light, pealed the fender flare half off and punched a hole on the...
  5. tw205

1st generation Rangers considered classic/vintage?

Perspective! The last Boomer.
  6. tw205

Fix up/build thread for my '85 Ranger XLS

That's a nice truck! Not so much the red interior but over all, nice. Some folks never aquire an appreciation for the nostalgia of an old school rig. Modern thought being whatever mainstream dictates is cool, or whatever word they use now. Being original is so 90s.
  7. tw205

2.9l exhaust idea

Haven't seen or heard of one, although I'm sure someone has done it. Why, I don't know. There is no purpose, other than to say you have it. It will give no performance advantage, it will sound obnoxious, and waste the money you labor to aquire. If your rig needs exhaust, spend your money on...
  8. tw205

Just a wire brush. Although I live in the salt belt, it has low milage for a 40 year old .
  9. tw205

Finished pulling the 4.10 axle out of the retired 89. Put the 3.73 back in so I can still drive it around the yard, I hate pushing or pulling. Started cleaning up the 4.10 to pretty it up. My batteries can keep up, so I called it a day. I did the front axle a week ago. Weather permitting, I...
  10. tw205

Thoughts on the ford courier

My brother had one that was an old forest service truck back in Washington state. Someone had put a jeep axle under the front and made it a 4x4. We did a bit of wheelin in it, mostly power line cuts and dry lake beds. When I moved back here, he was still driving it, but eventually, it gave up...
  11. tw205

Snap-on rocks.

Many years ago, I think late 80s, I was working for a dodge dealer turning wrenches. That's when I first invested in some quality tools from the local Snap-on dude. They have been of excellent quality and have served me well over the years of abuse I put them through. I have broken several of my...
  12. tw205

Rodents suddenly all up in my hood.

Can't we all just get along?
  13. tw205

Worked on swapping the 4.10s
  14. tw205

What sort of owner are you after all?

I'm all over the board. One 85 BII is a frame off resurrection. Not back to all stock but cleaned, painted and prettied up. All the work has been underneath thus far as mechanically sound is first IMHO. Plans for body and paint are forthcoming. Still running the 2.8 with a duraspark and Fm 145 5...
  15. tw205

Axle flange bolt rounded

I've has good a luck with these. https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-BOLT-GRIP-5-Pack-Bolt-Extractor-Set/1003021030?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-tol-_-ggl-_-LIA_TOL_218_Mechanic-Automotive-Tools-_-1003021030-_-local-_-0-_-0&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1drYyLyuhAMVEDjUAR1jHwHUEAQYAiABEgKZx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  16. tw205

33x12.50x15

I've got a first gen BII that has a set of 33 12.5 15s on it. I didn't want to cut my fenders so I lifted it. Tech section has a good chart for tire size vs lift. I put a skyjacker 6" lift with 2" body lift. A bit too high but it all on there now. I'm thinking of going with 10.5s and taking the...
  17. tw205

I could see how you may think it has that,but it was a bad angle in the picture. It's a simple nipple with a hooked rubber hose attached. I have a few pigs sitting around and checked them as well. All of them were plugged up. It's just dirt and dust from 40 years of service. Think I will put a...
  18. tw205

Pulled the retired 89 BII in the barn and pulled the 4.10 pig out of the front axle. Took some time cleaning it up. The vent tube looked like the mud daubers packed it full so I took it off. Found the vent fitting was plugged with what I don't know. Had to use a drill bit to get it opened up...
  19. tw205

New-to-me Ranger

Lol. Slang for friend. I use it politely as I really don't know you.
  20. tw205

New-to-me Ranger

It's all in good fun fren.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad