• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

Thanks Shran. I hadn't thought about running the wire between the meter and the panel and from the meter up the mast. I have a book on building and remodeling that discusses service drops. I'll have to look into it.
  2. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

I am. I considered those. I'll look for them when I go back for more plumbing supplies.
  3. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

Started running the PEX 1/2" water line. I had to cut out this end stud to run the 90-degree elbow through it. The Sharkbite elbows are to bulky for this spot, and using a brass fitting with a crimped ring will last longer.... as long as I don't screw it up crimping it. Not going to lie...
  4. Jim Oaks

A Full eclipse of the sun April 8th centers in Bonham TX

Bonham is 1.5 hours from me. Here's the path: We just had an annular eclipse in October.
  5. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

Ya. You suggested it so I watched a video to see what it was.
  6. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

Woman at Home Depot said if I brought in a piece the size of a dime they could scan the color and match it.
  7. Jim Oaks

TOTM Time to vote for the March Truck of The Month

Makes me miss my '83.
  8. Jim Oaks

MS-RT Ranger

This was also posted in our 2024 Ford Ranger forum section yesterday.
  9. Jim Oaks

UTOTM March 2024 Ugly Truck of The Month (UTOTM) - Winner

Looks like @Blmpkn gets the March Ugly Truck of The Month award by default. Apparently, his truck was so ugly, none of the other trucks wanted to be in this thread with it. LOL.
  10. Jim Oaks

TOTM Time to vote for the March Truck of The Month

It's time to vote for the March 2024 Truck of The Month! Winner: The winner will be announced March 1st, 2024. The winner will receive a TOTM decal, TOTM banner under their name, and will be displayed in our yearly calendar for the month they won. A Truck of The Year will be voted on in...
  11. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

They actually make a mortar repair in a caulk tube. I've used it on the inside and it works good.
  12. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

There's a mast there, but it's rusty and probably needs replaced. Ignore the worlds oldest A/C unit. That's getting replaced. I had storm damage to the roof. There was some confusion as to how much the insurance company was going to give me to fix it. The person handling my claim never...
  13. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

I'm not adding a shower. I find mixed reviews on the tankless. Some saying they only put out hot water when the water is running slowly, and others complaining about reliability which is my biggest concern. I do like the compact size of the tankless, although a 4-gallon tank unit would fit...
  14. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

I could have framed in a 32x32 shower where this narrow brick wall is and then brought the end wall and door out even with it, but when I started calculating what it would cost me to do all that it didn't seem worth it considering the little it would get used. It also means I'd have to mount my...
  15. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

I need to finish up the bathroom plumbing and I'm trying to decide if I want to add a tankless water heater, or a small 4-6 gallon water heater. The tankless are 240 volts and will require either a single double pole breaker and 8ga wire or (2) double pole breakers and 6ga wire. A small 4-6...
  16. Jim Oaks

Just Plain Stupied

Always a pleasure and honor to see you @doorgunner
  17. Jim Oaks

New Ford Ranger MS-RT, only for Europe

More pics and info at: 2024 Ford Ranger MS-RT - The Ranger Station
  18. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

I wanted to do a coat closet in that other room and had wondered if there was a way to remove the tiles from that spot and reuse them in the bad spots. Don't know how I'd get them up without breaking them or how I'd stick them back down.
  19. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

Then there's the bathroom.... When I bought my house, I didn't realize there was bathroom in this building. I really don't know why someone mounted the sink on the right side of the wall where you have to stand between it and the toilet. My plan is to move the sink to the left. You'll also...
  20. Jim Oaks

My New House & Workshop

In January I went back to work on the middle part of my building. I think I last posted pics of it on page 63: (350) My New House & Workshop | Page 63 | The Ranger Station The back part of the building was an add on. When they added on, they cut open the wall and framed it in with 2x. They...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad