• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

Bobber64, that year is floor shifted. I have the whole shifter but …… it’s the OG floor unit. Nice condition.
  2. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Follow up on car. Windshield I installed (Chinese junk that I was stuck with due to supply issues)- leaked at top in front of passenger. There was rust abatement and repair prior to install. Several bad Bubba windows before me destroyed the pinch weld. My repairs weregood but the Chinese glass...
  3. Anyone interested in an axle narrowing jig?

I was planning on just shortening the axle as most do and retain c-clips. I then found that my tire/wheel and aesthetics are not going to work at 56.75 inch width. I must knock an added 5-6 inch off. So new axles. New axles??? Do I keep c-clips and stay away from the sanctioned tracks? Do I buy...
  4. Anyone interested in an axle narrowing jig?

For my 87 v8 project I am machining the bearing replacement bushings for narrowing the Explorer disc 8.8. I need to tuck deeply a set of 275 tires on 8s into the bed. This would be a limited use system ala Mittler Bros, using 1.5 TGP bar at only 65 inch and inner carrier and outer Big Ford/New...
  5. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

Negative, that is the 1987 OEM dash carcass. Has a nice crack in the midline but else is in pretty wholesome condition.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Sudden loss of spark, but have coil power and signal

From the electrical side, IIRC the ICM is closing a switch to short the low side of the coil to ground (or opening depending on where it is in firing cycle). That FET or IGBT device that is doing the switching in the ICM has basically zero resistance when closed and infinite when open, with a...
  7. Lathe turned aluminum shift rod plugs for m5r1 transmissions, see pics

It becomes very obvious when the plugs fail. It’s not drips, it’s puddles. Especially after a hard run at 70 down interstate. It doesn’t pour out, it just gets flung everywhere and when you stop, it drips off the tail shaft (and everything else in vicinity) housing till the next drive. Update...
  8. Lathe turned aluminum shift rod plugs for m5r1 transmissions, see pics

So I have delayed addressing a leak on Frankentruck, the triple rubber shift rod seals on the transmission top plate for the M5R1 trans. I have been avoiding driving long haul so I don’t deplete a second fill of oil. Bleeds pretty good when topped off for sure! Today I did a fuel pump hanger so...
  9. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

Update: 7.5 trac loc differential is spoken for 7.5 diff overhaul kit as well (RumPunch, 12/22) a 7.5 TL clutch pack is avail if you need to freshen your track loc diff. Also a very clean 7.5 inch 3.73 ring and pinion is available, removed from the TL diff. I have a donor housing (7.5) that...
  10. What is the latest model mustang GT gauge cluster I might be able to massage into a ranger (that doesn’t have an ECU!)

So working on my 87 ranger and contemplating a new gauge cluster. I don’t have a dash so there are no limits. I am fabricating a small aluminum console above steering column and it would be nice to have a 2005-2012 ish mustang GT gauge cluster. Especially the one with the forward pronounced Tach...
  11. For Sale 1988 Bronco II whole/parts

I’m thinking out loud here. Would those seats be identical or nearly identical to those found in a standard cab ranger? Not “will they fit” but from an ergonomics perspective??? I had to procure some broken down GREY seats from a latter year for my 1990 std/std OE Red/TAN truck. Those seats...
  12. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

Updated 01/11/2023, 8:00 PM CST So folks I have beat in many people here for help/thoughts/suggestions for my 87 V8 swap particularly in the “make more room under hood” aspect. I ordered to rebuild the entire front end (and the rear too) many parts from RA and other sources. Rod ends, drag...
  13. Ranger Station data sheet, vehicle dimensions, clarification needed

On this site is a nice simple year grouped chart for Ranger basic dimension, curb weights, etc. There is a diagram of a truck on end and profile. On end, 83-92 vehicle shows rear axle width as 54.6 and front as 55 The question: this is hub to hub, correct? (Wheel mounting face of a disc for...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) High idle with coolant sensor failure

Follow up.I have never touched the Throttle stop screw on my truck. I went to check oil, coolant, etc just “because”, started the truck and it idled at 1000 rpm after warm up. I jacked the throttle at the body a couple of times and to 800 rpm it went. I disconnected the IAC wire, no effect...
  15. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Where it’s been recently:
  16. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Green hood was the best of class at pull-a-part for several weeks. Don’t care- function over form. In 60k miles I’ll have killed the drivetrain and it will be ready to donate to a ranger following a rebuild.
  17. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Pics will be posted tomorrow. Just got home from the Maiden Voyage with wife. So at the Valero in Arkansas, the really slow pump, it only flowed about a gallon every 3 mins. Yes it took 30 mins to get my few gallons. $2.99/gal and it was last gas before the Caverns. The pump didn’t stop due to...
  18. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Ok so I filled again and figured out the 22.13 was an error. I have for35 plus years performed the same filling method for repeatable mpg calcs. The Walmart I stopped and fueled was auto stopped, clicked twice to ensure not a false. That’s the method. Turns out even though the following 285...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad