• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ryan

Shop lift?

I've been looking and I haven't seen a 4 post that says it can handle a thinner pad. I've been debating whether to pursue a lift for a bit, but I'm still unsure about my pad.
  2. ryan

Towing with a Grand Cherokee

I thought the 3.6 in the ram was a hybrid, but tbh I'm not invested enough to look it up. I like my 6.4 way more than my 5.7 truck
  3. ryan

the GC/durango have the 5.7 and 8speed as a v8 option, but the base models are all 3.6s. i believe they're car 5.7s, not truck 5.7s as well, but i'm not totally sure. the truck 8 speed has slightly different internals from what I understand too, though i've never looked at part numbers to confirm
  4. ryan

we had a 2015 w/ the 3.6 and it was good, went to the durango with the 5.7 for the third row. back in a 20 GC with the 3.6 and the 8 speed now. The drivetrain is all proven at this point. I'd be more concerned about the trailer than the weight, does it have good brakes etc. I've never...
  5. ryan

Fiat 131 build

Yeah, these like are Racecar not RACECAR.
  6. ryan

Fiat 131 build

"makes it easy" my buggy has like 4 circuits and my wiring looks nowhere near that good. just love this build thread
  7. ryan

Fiat 131 build

I physically reacted to all the wiring. Not at the quality, just at the thought of having to do a bunch of wiring. I dont mind it, but bending to get in the dash kills my back these days
  8. ryan

Need some GMRS education

This is how I've been using them for several years now and have not have any problems. They've gotten more popular now, so we've started using privacy codes lately to avoid dealing with crosstalk, which has been helpful. This year I got my license for it to avoid any FCC issues. It's not...
  9. ryan

Need some GMRS education

I have midland handhelds and the range is surprisingly good. we'll use them driving as well. I have a hardwired unit that i need to put in still
  10. ryan

What does Ford think the Maverick is for?

I personally love all that junk - I will put that on the record. I will never purchase another vehicle that does not have a heated steering wheel and anyone who thinks they arent worth the money lives in florida or is fooling themselves. Fleet vehicles make their money in volume, not in...
  11. ryan

What does Ford think the Maverick is for?

Guess what rusty? that bar would have been closed two decades ago because it didn't make any money. That's what happened to the truck segment - your ideal is a fantasy. You may not like it, but it's the reality of the market. The people who spend real money on trucks want all that tech and...
  12. ryan

What engine for a Lotus7/ Ratrod?

they sound awesome with a supercharger too, not too bad to package. painless makes a standalone harness for them, think other companies do as well
  13. ryan

What engine for a Lotus7/ Ratrod?

do you want to make power or having something unique? if you want to make power, go with an LS if you want to race and are concerned about weight i'd go with any number of turboed 4 cylinders for something unique i might think about supercharged 3800
  14. ryan

New tools you've bought recently?

probably about as long as it takes your 35 to go from 0 to 30. It's slow, and a lot of air. But I'm able to do all 4 of them with it - tried it once just for shits and giggles to see if it was possible. I do also have an ARB dual compressor on board, which is better for airing up if I was...
  15. ryan

New tools you've bought recently?

hah I recently bought the makita version - it's worked really well so far for me it does well on my 42s, but i'm only taking it from 0 psi to 5. been great for topping off everything else though. never knew how much I'd use something like it until I had it
  16. ryan

Fiat 131 build

Glad to see some additional progress
  17. ryan

Geezers: New cars then vs now

20-30 years ago was 90-2000. I'm feeling really old now
  18. ryan

My 2022 Italy Trip

Looks like yall made the right choice. That view is ridiculous
  19. ryan

Pontiac pickup

There is at least one place in the US that does GTO UTE conversions, but I vaguely remember something sketchy about them related to the imports of Holden parts
  20. ryan

The RV life

Every time I see my friends campers I get jealous, and then I see the leaks they have to deal with and I'm less jealous

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad