• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rubydist

Best option for increasing HP?

31" tires are way too tall for 3.73 gears on that engine. You need to be at least with 4.10s and 4.56s as suggested above is not a bad idea either. That will give you effectively 10% or 22% more torque than you now have, which is a huge deal.
  2. rubydist

Do IRIDIUM plugs need a larger GAP than Platinum, .050 vs .044??

In my opinion, iridium plugs can have a larger gap than standard or platinum plugs because the small point on the electrode concentrates or focuses where the spark will jump, whereas the flat areas of the regular plug results in the spark originating in a different spot at different times...
  3. rubydist

HELP WITH ELECTRIC FANS, WHICH ONE TO USE?

@Elutheros - how did you secure the bottom of the Volvo shroud in your application? I am about to install that in my truck and have not decided the best way.
  4. rubydist

Looking for 17" or 18" wheel/rim ideas

iirc, the Jeep wheels have a smaller center bore diameter, so they need to be bored out to fit on the Ranger.
  5. rubydist

I had those 20s on for about a month and I hated the ride. There just needs to be more tire sidewall for the Ranger to ride decent, so I bought these 17s and put them on and sold the 20s at a nice gain.
  6. rubydist

I like these, they are from 2000-ish Mustang. I have 1.25" spacers. I got the center caps that have no Mustang logo off eBay. I painted with 2k paint and its holding up well after a couple years.
  7. rubydist

The answer that depends on the condition of the fan clutch. If the fan is running all the time it uses a good chunk, up to 10. If it decouples like it should, its more like half of that.
  8. rubydist

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

What kind of parts are you looking for in the fuel tank?
  9. rubydist

Well THAT'S a problem 05 2.3 2Wdr

#12 wire is way too small to run the starter motor.
  10. rubydist

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Congrats! Not sure which I like better, your grandson or your fingernails...
  11. rubydist

V8 swap, tcases.

Does the bolt pattern of the Jeep 208 fit the back of a Ford trans adapter or is there another adapter required? Or just the spacer?
  12. rubydist

I like this best, or a 2 speed from a 90s Taurus 3.8. https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/volvo_electric_fan.shtml
  13. rubydist

'90 model F-150 Will Only Idle

It will not run with a Ranger pcm, so that is a total waste of your time.
  14. rubydist

Conversion kit?

I think the way to execute the shifter is to make a rack similar to the one that is on the market and just remove the electric motor and install the rack/pinion. I think that can be done for way less than the $800 they are charging, but I'm not optimistic it can be done at a profit for $300.
  15. rubydist

Bellhousing bolt patterns.

I do recall that the fwd 4.6 has a unique bell housing, but I don't recall the details.
  16. rubydist

High mileage auto tranny - change fluid and filter or leave alone?

My experience is also with those miles just drive it until it dies. On the Ford trans, there is more risk of problems after the pan drop / filter change than without, in my experience.
  17. rubydist

4R44E - is it that easy? And question.

If it has been having mushy shifts for very long, the internal clutch packs will be worn out so a full rebuild will be required. If you caught it right away, changing the valve body may be all that is needed.
  18. rubydist

Should I buy this rear axel for my 2003 Ranger Edge?

You can repeat your opinion endlessly but that doesn't make it accurate.
  19. rubydist

Conversion kit?

I am about to drop the $800+ on the one that is available because I am pretty sick of the thing only shifting into 4x4 when things are warm. Its usually a cold winter morning with unexpected snow that I need the 4x4. If it were $400 I would have done it already. So I guess that means $400-500...
  20. rubydist

V8 swap, tcases.

Where did you buy door and window seals, @Elutheros ? I am thinking of the same thing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad