• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have done a bunch of messing with it. Put shims under the pedestals. I thought it changed the sound, but when I actually drove it and got it up to operating temp- then it didn't. Started with .010, went to .030 and then to .050. The sound didn't go anywhere. So I think I have ruled out the...
  2. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Ok. Interesting. I don’t think they come in different lengths. I read something that hinted of it in the factory service manual but I have only found one part number and no mention of it elsewhere.
  3. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

But with hydraulic lifters there is some room for differences. That is my obstacle. I would have to collapse the lifter to truly measure lash, and I don’t have a spec.
  4. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Yes I used brand new rockers (melling) new shafts (melling), new pushrods (Ford NOS), lifters (melling) Oil pressure is solid hot and cold. So if there is some lash, pushrods are too short.
  5. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Been reading a ton. Not sure what to do. Might shim one side and see if it does anything.
  6. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

so I got it running- but I am having some issues. Runs great. Started it, ran it for 20 minutes around 2k rpm. Around the 12-15 minute mark when it got warm- i started to notice a little valve noise. not super loud- like a collapsed lifter, but definitely there. I am using lucas 20w50 break in...
  7. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I hear with the psc pulley it is easier to steer. It remains to be seen, but it wasn’t really hard to steer with 35s anyway. The lack of ford whine will be a huge bonus.
  8. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Lots of updates. Been doing a lot of work on getting the ranger ready for its new power plant and getting the power plan ready for the ranger. First up, while waiting for the NOS 95 oil pan, I went ahead and installed my old 91 oil pan. This allowed me to continue painting and prepping...
  9. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I was glad it came right out. I have a week off next week. Going to get some dirt biking in- the rest is for working on the ranger.
  10. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

Back to work on the ranger today. Actually, on a few rangers. I went to the junkyard first. Spent most of the morning pulling off upper intakes to get a good set of valve covers. Mine are pretty ugly from the poor repaint job I did. I was also missing a plastic piece and I wanted to start over...
  11. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have done plenty jobs under the shade tree. My dad was a mechanic in his 20s and ran a dyno. He has been wanting a good shop and a lift since then. I am way blessed now that he has gotten it. We bolt that house together over the last 2 years. We hired the big stuff but all the finishes we did...
  12. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have made some good progress. My stupid Jeep took a dump 2 weeks ago- so I got side tracked by that thing. Its pretty rough when 2 out of 3 of my vehicles are inoperable. The operable one was my kids bronco! I thought the jeep could wait until the ranger was done, but it started throwing a...
  13. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I have a nos motorcraft rebuilt short block 4.0 that I am putting together with as much nos parts as possible. It is a 98 block with 98 pistons. I acquired it about 5 years ago and I have just been waiting for the right time. The current 4.0 has 313k on it, so it is time. I also acquired a...
  14. Kirbys 1991 Ranger Build Up and Solid Axle Swap

I am working on an engine swap currently. Ranger is down.
  15. What Heads OHV 4.0?

I really want 95TM heads. Just can't find them. today, I am considering keeping the 93 heads, pulling a set of 95 heads from the junkyard and having the 93 valve components installed in the 95 heads after they have been machined and checked for cracks.
  16. What Heads OHV 4.0?

??
  17. What Heads OHV 4.0?

A little update. Perhaps @gaz can offer some advice. I purchased 95tm heads. Got the engine out, started to build the new engine. Noticed my eBay NOS 95tm heads are actually 93tm heads. Argh. Called the seller and he has gotten them mixed up and had a bunch of pallets- with a few 95tm heads-...
  18. What Heads OHV 4.0?

Excellent. Thank you! I am going to spend some money now!
  19. What Heads OHV 4.0?

Sorry to beat a dead horse- but I had 95TM heads recommended from a few others on another forum due to them working with my current exhaust. You say reduced compression and performance- do you have any idea of the numbers on that? I also found some OEM new 95TM heads- so I am strongly...
  20. I would even buy you a cup of coffee or lunch sometime. I think I taught your’s or your...

I would even buy you a cup of coffee or lunch sometime. I think I taught your’s or your brother’s class at liberty maybe? Health and wellness. Anyway, text me. It works better. 801-888-1269. Talk to you soon! Kirby

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad