• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cbxer55

Rear Window Sizes Through the Generations

I have a tonneau cover on mine. With a Lind Back Draft spoiler. Last winter, there was a bunch of snow on the cover. It was loose and shifting around a little. When I hit about 45 mph, it all slid to the back, jumped up about nine inches above the spoiler and dropped down behind the vehicle. It...
  2. cbxer55

I love the slider in my LIGHTNING. It's open any time I drive it. I want one in my Ranger since the ac hasn't worked for some time. I prefer driving with the windows down in any event.
  3. cbxer55

LOL!! Mine usually has C-gar ashes in it. But, I keep the ashtray closed.
  4. cbxer55

Bumper Swap

I've wanted to do the same on my 98. But every time I look at the latter year truck we have at work, I swear the dip in the middle is deeper than the one on my stock bumper. I just can't convince myself to do it.
  5. cbxer55

Official 4R44E Problem Thread!

I've had my 98 Ranger 23 years this month. 3.0 auto. 185,000+ miles. Transmission has never been out of the truck. It has a custom done kit and 4.10 gears. And I manually shift the F... out of it. Downshift it at every stop light or sign. All the way down to first. Filter and fluid have been...
  6. cbxer55

Looking for a few more HP on a 3.0 vulcan engine

I don't even know if mine work any longer. 25 years old, 185,000+ miles. Never been changed. EVAP and EGR deleted. Catalyst no longer works (can tell by the smell). Truck runs outstandingly awesome and gets over 20 mpg. It's never done better than 17 in all the years I've had it. No CEL either...
  7. cbxer55

Looking for a few more HP on a 3.0 vulcan engine

I had a friend that has a shop put 4.10 gears in my 98 in 2021. Also had him put in one of his custom shift kits for the 4R44. The rear gears and the shift kit really livened it up, it bangs into gear with authority now. Also the 4.10 gears totally change the way it drives. There's some hills...
  8. cbxer55

Mexican Quad Cab importable?

According to friends I have in commiefornia, CA doesn't even allow vehicles 25 years and older to be exempt from smog checks. 98 Ford Ranger has to be checked every year and pass. No exemptions. Good luck getting a Mexican vehicle into commiefornia.
  9. cbxer55

Can you be misdiagnosed with Diabetes?

I prefer Italian anyway.
  10. cbxer55

Maybe so, I don't know. I don't have a barn to let a vehicle sit and rot behind. LOL!! But, most vehicles sitting behind barns are pretty old. Which means cheap. Like I said, my 98 Ranger is just $29.95 a year. If it was never going to run again, I wouldn't pay it. They can come tow it away...
  11. cbxer55

You should see some of the vehicles on the roads here. Missing headlights, tail lights, some don't even have lights at all. Missing entire fenders. Saw a 2005-2009 Mustang the other day, the entire windshield was clear tape. Whole windshield was shattered and held together with clear tape. I...
  12. cbxer55

Oklahoma even allows vehicles on the road that surprise me. Those four wheel open frame thingamabobs? Lights and a license plate, out driving on the road. Ratrods with no fenders. Friend recently bought a 2018 Shelby 427 Cobra, registered as a 1965, no smog stuff at all, dual four barrels and...
  13. cbxer55

True. Buy a vehicle in Oklahoma, they don't even come out and check to see if it has wipers or the lights work. Take it from me, been there done that. Even when I moved here from commiefornia in 2002, they didn't leave the building to check anything on the five vehicles I brought here with me...
  14. cbxer55

Tonneau, What Not To Buy

I have one on mine, been there like 15 years. Starting to get a little ragged around the edges. Afraid if I take it off one more time, I won't be able to put it back on. It has plastic edges that slip into grooves in the side rails. When it goes, I am replacing it with some form of hard cover.
  15. cbxer55

Powerdome hood swap fitment issue

I had my 98's hood replaced in 2015. It's a stock look steel hood. Pops up without issue when I pull the hood release. Of course, there are a lot of holes in the hood under that scoop. And two big holes on either side, replaced with plastic vents. So maybe it's just a little lighter.
  16. cbxer55

Don't know about the core support. The newer ones we have at work, pretty much look the same under the hood. Guess I am just going to find a new bumper for a 98 - 00. I want to do a face lift this year, the front end is getting tired. Already have a new grill, just need to get it painted satin...
  17. cbxer55

A lot of folks don't understand, that bread isn't good for you, no matter the kind, Maybe Potato bread? That's the only kind I use anyway, and not much of it at that. My problem is my right kidney is prone to making stones. Not my left, just my right. Weird eh? Anyway, the couple ways to control...
  18. cbxer55

I'm 61. Diabetes runs in my family. I've never had it or been diagnosed with it. I don't drink pop, with the exception if I'm riding out to Pop's on Route 66 in Arcadia OK on one of my bikes, I'll get one 12 ounce bottle of birch beer while I'm there. All their soda has pure cane sugar, no HFCS...
  19. cbxer55

We have a couple newer Rangers at work for work trucks. I've looked at the hoods, and to me at least, it seems a new grill would be needed to match the hood. Same with the bumper, the dip in the center looks deeper than the dip on my 98. I've wanted to put a newer bumper on the front, but don't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad