• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Ok, thank you for the replies! I have reached the following conclusion. Any input? 1. I have replaced the O2 sensors with the Bosch replacements. 2. I decided to investigate the "Color" of the O2 sensors removed.....they were very very very Black. I assume it can be one of 4 colors causing the...
  2. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Hello. Thanks for the input. The P0131 code would def point to the wiring and low voltage. However, I think I solved the issue another way and it is not the wiring at all. Any input is appreciated. I recently bought 3 NEW O2 sensors Motorcraft from eBay and they are supposed to be "100%...
  3. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Hello. I have had several issues with my 99 Ranger and have always gotten good information from these forums. Recently, I replaced all 3 O2 Sensors on my 99 Ranger Flex 3.0 XLT. The Check Engine Light came off and the truck was running perfect. Then abruptly 2 months later I start getting...
  4. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

FIXED. Thanks for the Help....I replaced all hardware components and rear brake shoes, and it fixed the issue. When we removed the wheel hubs it was clear the 2 adjuster cable wires snapped, along with the rocker arm and several springs... and one spacer was missing totally... This is why I am...
  5. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

OK, so I went to three shops and they all said brakes are good and not the issue, now I check them once myself and they fall apart on the spot......so not sure how reputable/reliable they were at diagnosis...lol. Being a shop does not mean they now anything really or will be honest and...
  6. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Here is a still image. Thanks.
  7. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Hello. Ok, I jacked up the truck placed two jack stands under it....then tried to put into gear. Soon as I went into gear you hear a "Pop" and the result is the passenger wheel cover came off and a wire broke as seen in image...I grabbed a hold of the center and it seems rather loose.....it...
  8. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Ok, cool...so I will take your advice and start checking it all out... 1. Grease Drive Shaft/Yoke.... 2. Replace drive shaft u-joints... 3. Check Brakes as you state...the shops may have missed soemthing...stuck etc...as you said. Thanks again for the advice.....I know its a process; I...
  9. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Sorry, I am not very mechanically articulate....Shops just said brakes came in fine both front and rear at all 3 shops; so I just assumed they checked it since they try like hell to sell you anything they can....they all said no charge sorry they cant really help....
  10. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Hello. Thanks for the Reply. The "Jerk" might be related to the "Clunk" noise in rear area not felt at brake pedal itself but from rear end area....I can feel it but coming from back cannot pinpoint. One guy mentioned "Differential" and broken " Pin" or "Wheel Bearing"?? maybe...something...
  11. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Thanks for looking! Background: I have taken the truck to 3 Shop locations looking for an answer and have received 3 different answers so I am coming here for any thoughts on the issues. FORD will not look at the truck; they say they don’t take anything that old anymore and unless it has all...
  12. 1999 2wd Ranger Rear Leaf Spring Bushing Kit

Hello. I purchased this kit to replace the bushings in my leaf springs. I was wondering in anyone here has installed this kit or one like it for a 1999 2wd 3.0 V6 Ford Ranger XLT 4 door. I ordered the kit from Amazon, but before I install as I read this kit does not "Completly" match the 99...
  13. Whats best for Brakes...?

Thanks for the Advice. I guess after review I would further define the ? as: Is it better to keep an "Original" Ford Caliper and rebuild with After Market parts for longevity and compatability reasons or is the "After Market" version "Equal" in overall compatability and quality to the OEM. This...
  14. Whats best for Brakes...?

Just a question: What is best in anyones opinions on fixing brake parts? 1. Rebuild original calipers on my 1999 Ranger 2wd....though rebuild parts seem to be After Market Only. 2. Replace the OEM factory caliper with New After Market Caliper 3. Replace with...
  15. 1999 XLT 2wd Ford Ranger Upper Control Arm Bushing Dust Covers

Ok, I was under that initial impresion but the ad said "Superior Dust Covers for Superior Protection" and had a pic of the caps...so I was confused. I take it they are shipping caps and I am just paranoid....finally found video where a giuy takes them off before install same ones I bought but...
  16. 1999 XLT 2wd Ford Ranger Upper Control Arm Bushing Dust Covers

Hello. I purchased 2 upper control arms with ball joints for my 1999 XLT 2WD ford ranger 3.0 gas light duty truck. Ford indicated the original control arms are "Discontinued". My questions is how important are the dust covers for the boots? I received a set in the mail and one set has a...
  17. Advice on Bushings/Ball Joints 99 Ranger

Yes, 2wd front coil springs....Ok, so upper control arms do not have removable ball joints for this model at all. Thanks for confirming....I take it aftermarket only as Ford said the Control Arm itself was discontinued. I appreciate the help...
  18. Advice on Bushings/Ball Joints 99 Ranger

Hello. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger V6 3.0 2wd XLT Ranger. I replaced the lower control arm ball joints with factory ball joints. I now am looking to replace the other bushings and upper ball joints. The question is FORD said that there are NO Motorcraft Upper Ball Joints only lower...
  19. 1999 Ranger 2WD XLT Will not Start Has Full Power......

I appreciate the information! I finally got it fixed this morning. I put a bounty on the internet and someone who worked at Harley came over and fixed it in 30 seconds....lol. I had this thing under the dash wired into the ignition for something and it was going faulty....this guy bypassed it...
  20. 1999 Ranger 2WD XLT Will not Start Has Full Power......

Yes, it can be started that way and will stay running but will not restart once key is shut off.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad