• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Camber adjustment, shop confused

It is only this side that the camber is negative. Other side, which i didn't replace the drop bracket for, is fine. And gotcha, that's actually really good to know about spring spacers to help afterwards. Since my issue is that something is kicking it negative, i can do spacers myself in the...
  2. Camber adjustment, shop confused

Alrighty, finally ready to reopen this thread because I have the truck at a good shop that I trust and they took a look. To refresh memories... I got the truck a couple years ago and it has Rancho suspension lift and one day i hit a pot hole at around 40mph and the passenger wheel went a...
  3. Camber adjustment, shop confused

Alrighty, thanks for all the help everyone. First i will take the wheel off and give myself a fighting chance to just loosen the bushing and if lucky will use it to adjust camber to something acceptable seeming. If that fails, i'll have to dive in and get new parts. I guess I should/could take...
  4. Camber adjustment, shop confused

“ 2.25 or better “ meaning a physical dimension of the orange bushing nut? When you say destroy the parts/system, you’re saying demolish out the whole stud / ball joint and also orange bushing and yellow nut? Haven’t looked at how the ball joint fastens to wheel system below yet. I assume the...
  5. Camber adjustment, shop confused

This makes so much sense now, thank you! I was about to chime back in here and ask if perhaps the orange nut was in fact only course positionable in increments due to that little blob of steel on blue ring pressed against a face of the orange nut. So yeah, it is. No, the drivers side wheel is...
  6. Camber adjustment, shop confused

Thank you! I’ve done DIY toe adjustment already so can quickly incorporate that process as I set this stuff. Haven’t tried camber/caster though. Attached is a zoomed in pic of the adjustment system. I’ve highlighted what appears to be three distinct pieces of the equation.. yellow nut, orange...
  7. Camber adjustment, shop confused

I'm operating on a non existent budget for a while and considering doing a DIY camber adjustment of the wheel just to get it upright again to prevent weird tire wear before when i go for a proper alignment later this year at a place that is reputable with custom suspensions. For now, am I out...
  8. Camber adjustment, shop confused

I can just tell this story again but add some camber meddling ghosts..
  9. Camber adjustment, shop confused

Yeah, they mean well but the guys there are KIDS now. Probably all just out of high school with one senior tech probably 23. Manager is maybe 25 and knows only a little about vehicles, mostly handling phone calls and paperwork. And i'm being serious when i say the entire shop/staff was different...
  10. Camber adjustment, shop confused

Wow that’s a great article thanks. Ok so my truck does have camber adjustment, haha. I suppose it’s time for a new shop.
  11. Camber adjustment, shop confused

1989 4x4 2.9L automatic w Rancho lift So after I replaced my busted passenger side axle drop bracket that’s part of the lift kit, I took my truck to a cheap spot down the road just to get a basic computer alignment. After installing the new drop bracket the wheel was quite off, as you’d expect...
  12. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

Nice. Thank you for this! Helps big time. Looking at that, it seems the issue is that my frame rails don't terminate like how i see there in diagram, with that bendy solid front face with two holes. My frame rail just ends open faced like a I-beam, so I'd need to develop that pair of holes for...
  13. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

Yep it’s a lift to match bumper body. I deleted the body lift. Just can’t tell if by removing them I’m returning the front of frame rails to 2nd gen OEM or if something is missing that they had removed to install these brackets. Today I’m going to be pulling out the 2nd gen bumper that came on...
  14. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

Here’s a few pics of the bracket attached to the front of each frame rail. In one of the pics I drew a blue line that outlines the frame so you can see what is part of the bracket. The brackets are pretty complex and have two separate layers welded together, so maybe they are DIY or maybe this...
  15. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

Yep. I chose to just figure out DIY mounts for everything and see if it could turn out strong enough, so that i don't have to swap radiator supports via drilling out and welding and also sourcing a 1st gen one. It's going fine enough for me to feel like it'll be alright, maybe just a little...
  16. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

So far I’ve got the grill mounted, headlights mounted, and the hood in place and the fenders in a good enough spot. Hood is easiest obviously. The grill is easy too, I just tapped a bunch of 8-32 threaded holes in the radiator support/wall and am able to mount it just fine using all the original...
  17. 2.9L Reality Check: Highway capable?

Gotcha, yeah it’s been pretty bizarro so far. It seems like it’s half good now, still operating ok when cold but not as well as it did when it was brand new a few weeks ago and cruised up to 65/70 without much effort. So I think I’ll use my cheap new one as the connector and get yet another new...
  18. Headlight Connector Wiring 1st Gen VS 2nd Gen

So I’m installing a 1st gen nose onto my 2nd gen truck. Two of the three front light connectors mate up by design, but the primary headlight has a different kind of connection. Anybody know the pinout for each? I might try beeping each light/connection with a multimeter. 1st Gen first, 2nd gen...
  19. 2.9L Reality Check: Highway capable?

There's been a development about the TFI: Up until now it's been running seemingly like a good TFI, timing in higher rpm's seems good and the truck can reach higher speeds. But i finally took it on a long trip and sure enough after maybe 90 minutes or so the timing collapsed and i was hitting...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad