• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Seat / Steering Wheel

I also own a kitcar and had the same problem because the steering column I installed was a Pontiac tilt wheel but it still was awkward to get in and out.... Got sick of it, and installed a "cute" steering wheel that was popular in the 60s.... It worked great.... But I think on the Ranger, unless...
  2. Seat / Steering Wheel

Yes, it is a plain jane XL model..... I experimented a bit this morning getting in... and think I found a plan B that will work to get in and out easier.... It's just a matter of technique.... and practice.... Thanks for your help.
  3. Seat / Steering Wheel

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one too, but thought I would ask if anyone has come up with a clever way to beat this problem. I restored a Ranger I bought from my neighbor, and everything is now good and I am driving it every day now and REALLY like it. The only glitch is the fact...
  4. conflict

I guess I don't understand.... R7 says that it is a 4.10 limited slip.... Axle code 86 says 3.73 gears... not 4.10... How can it be both?
  5. conflict

Hi.... With winter here I have been driving my 2004 Ranger. I added sandbags over the rear wheels for weight. I wondered if I had a limited slip axle and researched it a bit on this site and others and got some good information. Today I took a picture of the door sticker and then tried to decode...
  6. Ford Ranger box question

Just watched the You Tube video of the guys installing a red box on a green truck.... There was no gasket material over/around that front crossmember.... so if there was a pad/gasket of some kind it was on the bottom of the red box they were installing... like I said, on my old box it was two...
  7. Ford Ranger box question

I agree...but there was something there from the factory.... It was so deteriorated that on this front crossmember that you could not tell what it was.... I went to the old box and they had some kind of gasket/insulation "tarred" onto the bottom of the box over the area where this crossmember...
  8. Ford Ranger box question

Good morning! I am tired of grinding rust off the frame. The box I bought has been completely refurbished. There is no rust. The underside has been undercoated, I spent a week on some minor cosmetic blemishes and repainted the entire box. I finally put in the bed liner coating. It is ready to go...
  9. Ford Ranger box question

Hi.... I bought a decent rust free Ranger box for my 2004 Ranger. Everyday I have worked on it for four hours and have the underside completely done now. It is undercoated and my son helped me turn the box right side up and I have been sanding at least two hours on it for the last four days...
  10. Ranger box/bed bolt question

Hey.... thanks to everyone.... and after I sent the message I went out to sand some more paint and while doing this mindless work I kept looking at the locations of the bolts and I knew the back ones that also work with the mudguards, were removed making the rear panels kind of weak/floppy...
  11. Ranger box/bed bolt question

Good morning..... my 2004 Ranger project continues with a newer 2005? Ranger box that I am restoring. It was in decent shape but needs a ton of work to make it perfect. The goal is to have all the body work done and the bed repainted by Christmas and then the restored box will sit outside...
  12. Antifeeze advice

Good morning... Quick question. The plan is to flush the 100,000 mile Ranger radiator and then fill with fresh antifreeze. For years I worked on GM vehicles that had issues with antifreeze, especially in the 3.1 liter motors.... the antifreeze ate intake gaskets. Is there any such issue with a...
  13. Spark plug recommendations

So... about the only thing I hate worse than online spark plug application guides are "parts lookup" applications at the local parts stores' websites. "That won't fit" when I think it will so I guess I better eat some humble pie here and ask to be sure. The listing for Motorcraft platinum spark...
  14. Spark plug recommendations

Thanks for all the help... Think I will look for some Motorcraft... hard to believe but I have never used Motorcraft plugs... but then again, I worked for Chevrolet so most of that was AC Delco.. and later we used a lot of Champion.... thanks again.
  15. Spark plug recommendations

It has been a few years now buy my HHR reached 100,000 so it was time to change the plugs..... researched it, and it didn't look too bad although the coil packs located on each plug was a little intimidating... and I decided to install some expensive iridium plugs.... the first three coil...
  16. Spark plug recommendations

Good morning.... spark plug recommendations and/or spark plugs to avoid... please advise.... Here's what happened yesterday. Took the Ranger to my appointment at one of the metro's Ford dealerships. Nice people as you would expect. The purpose? To have the airbags inspected because of the...
  17. Anybody from the Twin Cities?

Hi..... help... I usually attend two swap meets in the fall in the north parking lot of the MN State Fairgrounds.... but haven't now for two years... I swear there were always two of them a couple weeks apart... but I have just spend an hour and found only the Roadsters swap meet on October...
  18. Oil Filter Wrench

Getting time to change the oil for the second time on the Ranger I bought last year. It is a 2004 with a 3.0 liter engine. I changed the oil initially when I bought it before last winter just because and found out all about the starter solenoid I believe, being too close to the oil filter and I...
  19. U joints

I went back to talk to the mechanic/owner to get a quote on new exhaust on my HHR.... his quote for that was excessive and with a smile. Knowing him well enough it meant that he had more than enough work to do for quite some time. He does good work but it nearing retirement and his car wash...
  20. U joints

After researching the uniqueness/rarity of a seven foot box Ranger driveshaft, I decided to farm this one out even though I had the Rock Auto U Joints in my possession already.... and talked to the local mechanic that has done some work for me when I was too busy etc.... and he agreed to install...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad