• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AndyB.

Fuel and Temp Gauge not working

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364060698924?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ma7_p9ursde&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=d87u9en7TgW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY If this is the same as your gauge cluster,I can see the instrument cluster voltage regulator in use.
  2. AndyB.

Ah, no idea on that, sorry.
  3. AndyB.

Since multiple gauges are impacted, I’d check the instrument cluster voltage regulator. Ford part number D1AZ-10804-A.
  4. AndyB.

Points style distributor

If you’re able to do so, a leak down test can be very helpful in this scenario. You can probably use the hose or spark plug adapter to connect to an air compressor and position the #1 cylinder at TDC. You’ll be able to hear air leaking out and it will help you determine if your loss is at the...
  5. AndyB.

Cooling Question - First Gen.

The intake manifold is different. The bypass connects to the upper housing instead of the intake. You could probably cap that, clamp it, and get the two housings (I can get you part numbers). You’d also need a thermostat, gasket, and bypass hose.
  6. AndyB.

If we think about what the thermostat does, it opens or closes to allow water to flow either through the radiator or the bypass. I think a 180° lower hose would be normal if the thermostat is closed and coolant is flowing through the bypass circuit. I think the upper water outlet coming off...
  7. AndyB.

If you want a Ford thermostat, I’ll send you an NOS one free. No idea on the fan setup.
  8. AndyB.

You’re right. I just made this up to post on the internet for funsies. Here’s a picture of the updated thermostat housing and how the setup looks installed.
  9. AndyB.

Yes and no. This was changed midway through the 1985 production year. Later models have a different intake, bypass hose, upper thermostat housing, and thermostat. The engine in this post does have the earlier location.
  10. AndyB.

There are different thermostats for 2.8s. The brass one on the right is the part for engines with the lower thermostat.
  11. AndyB.

1985 ford ranger hydraulic clutch line

Wow, this is from March of 2019. I hope he’s found his parts by now.
  12. AndyB.

1985 ford ranger hydraulic clutch line

Want these?
  13. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

#3: The brake light switch in that block is the brake warning light, it turns on if there’s a loss of fluid/pressure in part of the system. The switch to work the brake lights is on the pedal (quick and inexpensive repair).
  14. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

12127 is the distributor. The ‘85 2.8 had a TFI ignition system, the pickup coil/ stator has a different part number (and initially wasn’t available as a separate item). when looking up the Standard pickup/stator for a ‘79 Pinto, it crosses to the d5tz-12a112-b—there’s a Motorcraft for $26 +...
  15. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

There are two stators listed in the 1985 light truck manual—I don’t know which would be correct for your application. There are several d5tz-12a112-b, NOS, on eBay. it might be worth calling Green Sales and have them look up a part number for you.
  16. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

D4PZ-12A112-A That number was listed in this thread—I’m assuming it’s correct.
  17. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

I don’t think you’d need a new distributor, just the pickup coil/stator. It’s possible yours was not replaced when the distributor was rebuilt. There are aftermarket units available, and rearcounter.com lists 9 NOS available. I’ve never worked in a duraspark II system, but I’ve attached some...
  18. AndyB.

Duraspark conversion.

The front pulley is a one piece casting, so you don’t have to worry about the numbers moving. I’d be looking at the pickup in the distributor.
  19. AndyB.

Looking for shifter piece!

Is this it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/363581416120?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cRY5UdgGQzy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=d87u9en7TgW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad