• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DeathRanger

Anyone electrifying?

We have access to a completely maintenance free thermo-nuclear reactor that was automatically turns on every day and produces no nuclear waste on earth. And In fact, if this thermo-nuclear reactor didn't "turn-on" every morning, life on earth would cease to exist within a few days anyway. It's...
  2. DeathRanger

Anyone electrifying?

not a city dweller. Closest grocery store is 30+ minutes away. I drive 100+ miles a day for work. Wife drives 200+. she's put 152,000 miles on her EV in 3.5 years. Quite higher than the average and only had level 2 charging at home. Original setup was plugging charger into welding outlet in my...
  3. DeathRanger

Thinking about new handgun purchase.

recently picked up a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact for my main piece. pretty happy with it so far
  4. DeathRanger

25th Anniversary TRS Ranger

New Ranger but throwback styling and paint? like they did with these F150's?
  5. DeathRanger

WHAT IS A CHARGING CYCLE? A charging cycle is a full charge and discharge of a rechargeable battery. When you drain a battery when powering a gadget, you discharge it since the battery was charged before usage or purchase. The standard technique for measuring rechargeable battery charge cycles...
  6. DeathRanger

These are not the batteries of old. They have way more sophisticated technology in them. Lithium ion care batteries are not like power tool NiCad batteries. they do not have a charge memory and do not require full discharge cycles. The proper way to care for an EV battery is to stay between...
  7. DeathRanger

some chargers have idle fee's potentially up to $1/minute when the charging stations are over 50% capacity
  8. DeathRanger

I would say yes you are still going to have some heating when charging a battery on a level 1 or level 2 charging but much less heat would be generated. In my experience the level 2 charger never gets throttled due to heat, even when it was really hot this summer and charging right after a long...
  9. DeathRanger

Yes charging curves affect all current EV's but affects each manufacturer differently https://www.chargepoint.com/blog/common-dc-fast-charging-curves-and-how-find-yours
  10. DeathRanger

They also want everyone to set their AC to 78 degrees and we all know that won't happen. The power companies put out these bulletins in hopes people will reduce their usage. It works surprisingly well and does amount to a reduction that often is the difference between the grid staying up or...
  11. DeathRanger

Source of power is also very location specific. I live very close to the border of Kansas and Missouri and their sources of power are very different Kansas: "through 2021, when wind accounted for 45% of the state’s total net generation. Coal supplied 34% of Kansas’s generation, with the amount...
  12. DeathRanger

so in roughly 13 years you won't be able to buy a new (edited) gas vehicle in California. 13 years is a long time. For reference. roughly 15 years ago. the iphone didn't exist. Blackberry owned 40% of the cell phone market 3 years after the iphone released, Blackberry held 0% of the phone market.
  13. DeathRanger

NFTs, whatcha know about'em

NO. JUST NO
  14. DeathRanger

The autumn years of the ICE should be the golden years for the ICE.

Ford is doing some great things as well. I haven't driven a Mach-E but they look pretty good tho I'd prefer they'd drop the mustang name. F150 Lightning looks to be great. Need to see more real user reviews of real world use towing and hauling. the biggest complaint I've seen is due to them...
  15. DeathRanger

My average electric bill, before solar and an EV was $350 My current monthly solar bill is $350 My current monthly electric bill is $0 My monthly costs are the exact same, but I get 50,000 - 60,000 miles of EV charging for free.
  16. DeathRanger

Solar is not paid off. Solar payment each month is equal to my average electric bill before I got solar and the electric car. Now with solar I'm providing entire house power and vehicle power for the entire year.
  17. DeathRanger

Porsche took their Taycan from NYC to LA, 2,834.5-mile journey, and only added 2 hours and 30 minutes to overall trip due to charging needs. https://www.businessinsider.com/electric-car-road-trip-charging-porsche-taycan-cross-country-2022-2 The Blizzard/stuck on highway in snowstorm story was...
  18. DeathRanger

There's a reason Tesla's are currently the best EV to purchase. These are the key things I think the automakers should focus on to capture the market and make truly great EV's Supercharger network They own and maintain the largest truly fast charging network across the country and it's...
  19. DeathRanger

Oil changes take my money and time Oil change required every 5000 miles Costs - can vary but lets just say $50 for DIY and up to $100 if done at dealer Time - 1 hour DIY and 2 hours waiting at dealer so in 125,000 miles I would have required 25 oil changes Costs - that would have cost...
  20. DeathRanger

My use case exactly. our EV is used 150-200 miles everyday, 7 days a week. charge car at night and it's full every morning. in almost 3 years, we've only needed a public supercharger ~50 times, most of which were when traveling across multiple states. My charging outlet cost $1000, which...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad