• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fixizin

So... just to be clear, on 1998 & later 4WDs, the Front Diff is a Dana 35, AND...

Thanks gang, just double-checking... :unsure::(
  2. fixizin

So... just to be clear, on 1998 & later 4WDs, the Front Diff is a Dana 35, AND...

... there is NO aftermarket diff cover on Earth that will fit in that cramped space??? In fact at fluid change time, best to just SUCK out the old goo, and not even try to crack open that jury-rig?? Let me know, thanks in advance.
  3. fixizin

The "Y" (wye) in lower rad hose... can it be bypassed?...

Guess I'm gonna have to be the guinea pig, as it seems my "sender ell" has a small leak... which means after a long drive in this hot weather, I get the smell of fried coolant when I park and shutdown. Will first try to sweat-solder that elbow/ell with 450degF plumbing solder... pending...
  4. fixizin

Where’s the EGR valve and DPFE sensor on a Ford Ranger 2003, 3.0 L, 6 cylinder

I would love to DELETE mine... probably have to re-program my ECU, and... what else? Where does the crankcase breather tube go when it's not "recirculating"??
  5. fixizin

Too many cranks to start

Love this place!... egos to the side, brains and experience to the fore, shyt gets solved!
  6. fixizin

Transfer case fluid

Strange table, with a LOT of ERRORS in it... 15.2 quarts of coolant for a 3.0L Vulcan w/ manual trans?... OVER by about 5 quarts... :unsure: :icon_confused: :icon_confused:
  7. fixizin

Too many cranks to start

Plus check the obvious battery issues--fluid level by eyeball, acid concentration with one of those "turkey baster" bulb testers.
  8. fixizin

Too many cranks to start

BATTERY. Heat. Just replaced my battery (HOT So-Fla) and it turns over noticeably quicker. There's a minimum piston/crank velocity you need to fire up, and the more peak amps you can feed that starter motor, the quicker it can overcome 6 cylinders worth of compression. How OLD is your...
  9. fixizin

>> Battery hold-down bolt RUSTED in place... Durn... FIXED!!

Thanks for all the info! Bolt FINALLY let go, threads shot on the engaged section of the bolt, but captive-nut threads are fine, so for now I just put a rubber spacer at the top so that it engages the good threads farther down the bolt... will search out a stainless replacement bolt, and put...
  10. fixizin

Transfer case fluid

I lost mah mind recently and refilled Ye Olde Borg-Warner 1354(?) with a fluid so special, they don't even make it any more: Valvoline MaxLife Full-Synthetic Dex/Merc ATF (newer version is "ALL Vehicles"... can't trust that, lol...) ... supposedly it will no longer shift-on-the-fly... in fact...
  11. fixizin

Bingo, yeah that's the setup I've got. I like the "wedge" because it allows different size (depth) batteries... in fact the freaking EXCELLENT OEM/factory battery (7 1/2 years!... in HOT climates) was quite a bit smaller than what the aftermarket catalogs call out... (Group 58 or 59, IIRC??) I...
  12. fixizin

Been hitting it with PB Blaster for a couple weeks, no luck yet. Probably from letting battery corrosion get away from me a year or so back. Even though current bolt probably going to be destroyed, need to know the THREAD-spec, so I can either "chase" the current threads in the tray-nut, or...
  13. fixizin

>> What's da word on low-temperature (propane) "welding" rods?

Cool, I'll use Amazon for reviews, then order from someone else, fook Bezos, lol... I have a MAPP torch too, wonder if that opens up more options...?
  14. fixizin

>> What's da word on low-temperature (propane) "welding" rods?

I first saw this on the very dark flick 'The Counselor', where the shady cartel body shop (who also treated gunshot wounds, lol), used a beefy stick of solder to patch a bullet hole in a tanker truck, and even fill-in the dent, a la Bondo, then spray paint it to match... but I figured, OK...
  15. fixizin

LOL... like the coolant circuit over to the intake manifold (and the electric block heater), I'm thinking it's something nice to have in Minne-SO-tuh, or Banff... but down here in da sub-tropics?... not so much. It's just that replacing that innocent-looking slant-tee is a major nightmare...
  16. fixizin

My mileage s*cks

The OP has the lame A4LD auto trans... perhaps it's slipping??
  17. fixizin

Stumble in Idle on 3.0 Vulcan

REPLACED the filler nozzle vent tube assembly?... or PATCHED it, if so, HOW? Thanks in advance...
  18. fixizin

Are there benefits to Water Meth on Naturally Aspirated 3.0?

Didn't the Yamaha 3.0 in the Taurus SHO make 225HP bone-stock, normally-aspirated? What were the parameters on that mill? Surely it wasn't due to the cool-looking "nest of snakes" intake manifold... :unsure: :icon_confused:
  19. fixizin

I'm just planning for the future, BUT... I know SOMEBODY has done this... youse guys is holdin' out on me... ;) :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad