• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lefty

2004 FORD RANGER EDGE 5-SPEED

I bought a cheap 2003 Edge, then spent $10,000 on paint and body to make it new again. So that price is a good one if it is as clean as this one looks. It seems pricey for Minnesota, but in the snow belt, most that old are badly rusted out. Some people might think you're crazy, but age is...
  2. Lefty

Should I buy this rear axel for my 2003 Ranger Edge?

Two words we hate in Minnesota: polar vortex
  3. Lefty

I like the other answer better. This one is not snarky at all.
  4. Lefty

Thank you Gump. I'm sure this forum appreciates that. Personally I wasn't sure.
  5. Lefty

And you never heard of a noreaster?
  6. Lefty

Looking for a few more HP on a 3.0 vulcan engine

Ford's 3.0 is most definitely a plain Jane. For example, Buick made the Fireball 6, the very same size, the block based on the chevy 350 V8, during the same era. It ran like an 8. The MPG was low 20s city to high 20s highway, was rated one on the top ten engines of all time...
  7. Lefty

I like that.
  8. Lefty

Three words here, "except in snow." And of course, there's no snow ever in southern Maine.
  9. Lefty

Limited slip or a locker can break loose, of course. 4WD can break loose too. I remember some dicey moments driving my old Jeep CJ5, mostly when I hit ice. Even the best stuff will fail at the worst times. When it does, it's a case of driver error. My reg cab Ranger weighs about 3,000 pounds...
  10. Lefty

Does anyone know of a tutorial on the throttle cable mod/zip tie mod?
  11. Lefty

I did a number of small things. 1. K&N air filter 2. Dual exhausts 3. Performance chip 4. Seafoam in the gas to clean the injectors 5. Seafoam in the crankcase 6. Seafoam in the engine 7. Switched to all synthetic oil 8. E fan (already mentioned) BTW installed an uprated voltage regulator too...
  12. Lefty

And for the most part, it drives like a standard 2WD, open style differential...except for burnouts, gravel roads, and heavy snow?
  13. Lefty

And it's never required a rebuild?
  14. Lefty

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

It's too cold out, even with the heater on inside my garage. So I brought a project inside and will be working on our dining room table. My wife is a very patient woman.
  15. Lefty

Agreed. And new bearings and seals are all included. Do you like the Trac-Lok?
  16. Lefty

Yes. Thank you. There are a number of videos and tutorials out there well worth watching and reading. Here's one. https://www.carthrottle.com/post/engineering-explained-the-best-kinds-of-differential-and-whats-most-suitable-for-you/ Basically lockers are good for off road and drag racing while...
  17. Lefty

New to TRS,

very nice!
  18. Lefty

new from texas

Nice looking truck! Thanks! We seldom see older trucks this clean up here in the snow belt.
  19. Lefty

Interchangeable interior

I had some difficulty matching headliners. They may all look the same, but they fit differently.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad