• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. XLTsplash

rubber/vinyl? OEM ranger floor mats where and what

They are now list on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134422545823
  2. XLTsplash

NOS Ranger Mocha color rubber floormats on ebay

I've listed a pair of NOS Ranger floormats on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134422545823
  3. XLTsplash

I'm back with another Ranger.

I installed a new Hurst shifter in my Ranger and did some more cleaning and detailing under the hood.
  4. XLTsplash

I didn't use any sealer on the air intake elbow. It seals well with the new clamps that came with it. It's easy to remove and install if needed. The tubbing and elbows come in many different sizes, shapes and colors. You should be able to find the parts that you need on ebay.
  5. XLTsplash

I just bought the aluminum air tube and blue silicone elbow on ebay. I can't tell any difference in the way the engine runs with the new air intake. I just like the way it looks.
  6. XLTsplash

rubber/vinyl? OEM ranger floor mats where and what

I have two pairs on tan NOS floormat that I will sell. They are very hard to find NOS.
  7. XLTsplash

Interior colors

I had a 97 Ranger with tan interior. I installed new black armrests in it. I liked the two tone look.
  8. XLTsplash

1985 Ranger with a tired engine...

I just rebuilt mine. I kept the original engine. I installed new pistons, rings, bearings and oil pump. I also installed a remain head because mine was cracked between the valves on number 1 cylinder. Mine had 189K miles on it. The original bearings and cylinders still looked good. The main...
  9. XLTsplash

2.3L ('83-'97) Crank walk rod knock?

My 92 Ranger 2.3L with 189K miles had the same noise after a oil change. I just took the engine apart and the bearings all looked good, No copper showing. The problem that I found with mine was that the oil pick up screen was 70% clogged with oil pan gasket rubber. I also found a crack in the...
  10. XLTsplash

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3l engine build

You can use a crank and pistons from a 98/01 2.5L to turn your 2.3L in to a 2.5L .
  11. XLTsplash

I rebuilt the engine in my 92 Ranger for my Christmas vacation. I found that the oil pick up screen was about 70 % clogged with failed oil pan gasket rubber. There was also a crack in the head on #1 between the valves.
  12. XLTsplash

Best shocks that give a comfortable ride for lowered Rangers?

My Ranger had coil overs in the rear when I bought it. They made the truck sit too high in the rear. The truck had hitch on it and looks like it had a lumbar rack on it at one time. The shocks were old and looked original in the front. The strange thing is the truck rode better with the old...
  13. XLTsplash

My Ranger was missing the VIN-ID label from the drivers door because the door had been replaced. I got a Marti Report on my Ranger to get a new label for the door.
  14. XLTsplash

headliner and body decals available?

Graphic Express is a great place to get your decals from. https://graphic-express.com/collections/ford-ranger/products/1989-ford-ranger-stx-side-stripe-kit . I've bought decals from them many times over the years. The headliners are easy to replace. I just installed a new one in my 2002...
  15. XLTsplash

For Sale I have two pairs of NOS tan rubber Ford Ranger floormats for sale.

I know that both type of mats fit my 92 perfectly. I had the same type of mat in my old 97 Ranger and my Dad had the same type in his 2000 Ranger. Someone of facebook is saying the the mats won't fit Rangers 97 and older or newer than 03. From the information I could find. The darker mats will...
  16. XLTsplash

For Sale I have two pairs of NOS tan rubber Ford Ranger floormats for sale.

Hard to find, great looking NOS Ford Rubber floormats. The light tan mats fit 83/04 Ford Rangers. The darker tan mats are the earlier design and fit 83/92 Rangers. $200 a pair. Plus actual shipping cost. I use paypal. I've seen these mats sell on ebay for more the $200 in used condition.
  17. XLTsplash

2.3L ('83-'97) Low rough idle…no CEL

Ford had a TBS and repair kit for the idle problem. https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/91-25-07-iac-bypass.html
  18. XLTsplash

Best shocks that give a comfortable ride for lowered Rangers?

I put new Gabriel shocks on my Ranger to replace the old factory front shocks and coil over shocks in the rear. The ride went from smooth to harsh. I wish I would have kept the old factory front shocks. I'm thinking of changing the front shocks to Motorcraft to see if that helps.
  19. XLTsplash

I finally found a pair of blue rubber Ford Ranger floormats for the Ranger. I also replaced all of the plastic vacuum lines with silicone hose.
  20. XLTsplash

2.3L ('83-'97) Crank walk rod knock?

I do tend to over think things. I just want to know the cause of this problem, to prevent it in the future. I've had many 2.3Ls in Mustang IIs, I still own three 4 cylinder Mustang IIs. I've only had the noise in both of my 4 cylinder Rangers after a oil change. I just looked up my old post when...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad